Senior Backend Engineer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Featureform's north star is to accelerate the machine learning process. Machine learning teams work with thousands of features created by ad-hoc, undocumented, and discordant data pipelines. Featureform untangles the mess by standardizing how features are defined, managed, and shared. Join us and build the new standard for MLOps!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Backend Engineer to help fine-tune and scale Featureform's flagship product. This position will be located in San Francisco with hybrid flexibility.
- Design and build highly available, resilient, and performant production systems that serve large-scale enterprise clients
- Rigorously develop and implement automated testing to cover the full gamut of functionality in our systems, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests.
- Deploy code to production, and own the product throughout the lifecycle
- Write, review, maintain, and document Go/Golang code
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Kafka, or Cassandra, but no specific experience required
- Strong coding skills in any object-oriented language. We believe languages can be learned and are far more interested in your general engineering abilities.
- An inclusive, collaborative, and respectful attitude, along with great critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Experience writing production-level code
- Proficiency in and hands-on experience with Golang
- Experience using AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker containers
- Bonus points if you have experience working with C++ in production
- Work with a talented team driven to build the best products possible
- Competitive salary and equity in a leading, venture-backed startup
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Hybrid work model
- Professional Development reimbursement
- Flexible PTO and sick-leave policy
- Free lunches
*At this time, we will not be able to accommodate visa sponsorship.
Featureform is a feature store for machine learning. Machine learning teams work with thousands of features created by ad-hoc, undocumented, and discordant data pipelines. Featureform untangles the mess. Your data scientists can use Featureform's declarative API to register each feature pipeline, and Featureform will manage versioning, sharing across teams, and governance. Featureform accelerates the ML process by standardizing how features are defined, managed, and shared.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.