At Fellow, we aim to make male fertility support accessible to everyone, wherever they are, whatever the route. We want to get to the source of unanswered questions in male reproductive health and support clinicians with our research. Our mission is to create the most advanced male reproductive sciences company and support patient-clinician experiences that have been in the doldrums for decades.
Why join us?
Growth – Our team is less than 10 people, so everyone has a seat at the table. We invest strongly in people, not just their roles. Picking an early startup to join is tough, but the things to look for are a strong team, traction, and a large market. It’s rare to find a team as small as ours that has all three.
Breadth of technical challenges – We are building a truly full-stack company. Since we launched last year, we have been building out systems that let us deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers. We handle everything end to end, from our e-commerce site, to our Laboratory Information System, to the application we use to deliver results to customers.
Culture – We have a great team that invests in our great culture.
Engineering at Fellow
Our engineering team is currently only two people! We work in two-week sprints, working closely with the design and other stakeholders to finalize feature specs before working on them individually. We use pull requests on GitHub to conduct code reviews, and do deploys to production as needed multiple times a week.
We also have a weekly tech review meeting that we use to discuss any complex decisions that the team is thinking through, to review and chip away at technical debt, and to commit time to learning new technologies or deepening our expertise.
We have a wide breadth of features and technologies that we work to support, and each with comes with its own set of interesting technical challenges. From architecting React components to be re-usable & testable, to modeling new business objects that support Fellow's need for rapid iteration, to managing our various AWS integrations, things never get boring!
Our modern React e-commerce application that integrates with Stripe to collect payments and create orders. This app is built on Gatsby and hosted on Netlify. We iterate constantly to better educate and convert visitors to our site.
Our core Django backend application that serves as our Inventory and Order Management System as well as our Laboratory Information System.
The consumer application we use to deliver results to our customers and guides them through the next steps in their fertility journey.
Working at Fellow
At Fellow we value treating each other like family. We are great listeners, and support each other's goals, both professionally and personally. We push one another to be better versions of ourselves.
For some more specifics, here are our company values:
🏆 WE RESPONSIBLY INNOVATE
- – Uphold the highest scientific, ethical and regulatory standards
- – Act as a “medical first” organization
- – Prioritize our customers’ best interests above all else
- – Use the power of our data to drive discoveries in the field of men’s fertility and contribute to novel solutions
- – Safeguard our customers’ data and prioritize privacy
👨👧👦 WE BUILD FAMILIES
- – Help our customers and their partners build families by enabling access to information
- – Build an internal family across the Fellow team. We invest in each other and invest in our culture
- – Recognize the tremendous trust that customers are placing in us and work tirelessly to earn it
- – Deliver “wow” through service
- – Assume positive intentions and communicate honestly
- – Destigmatize conversations on male fertility and normalize fertility challenges
🏹 WE AIM HIGHER
- – Deliver exceptionally high-quality results
- – Relentlessly pursue new information about our industry, customers, research, and beyond; we are endlessly curious
- – Embody a growth mindset
- – Solicit and offer constructive feedback regularly
- – Radiate passion
- – Break through ceilings
🏊♂️ WE ARE PROGRESSIVELY MOTILE
- – Strive to make decisions quickly; we have a bias for action
- – Present solutions alongside problems
- – Operate with an attitude of “Yes, and”
- – Engage in healthy, constructive debate to reach the best outcome
- – Embody a scrappy and resourceful mentality
At Fellow we welcome individuals for who they are, no matter where they come from or what they look like. We are dedicated to building a team that celebrates and amplifies different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. One approach we take to accomplish this is following the Rooney Rule while hiring.
Some things we do to foster a welcoming and inclusive company culture:
- – We focus on supporting work-life balance and personal wellness
- – We make weekly investments in team culture
- – We have a WFAnywhere policy
- – Every new hire is paired with an Onboarding Buddy
- – We have monthly Culture Forums where we discuss how everyone is feeling about our culture and how we can improve it
- – We end our weekly State of the Startup meeting with an exercise where everyone reflects on how their week went to help foster empathy
Work from Home
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.