- New York, NY, United States
- $125k - $200k
- 0.0% - 1.0%
- React Native
Who you are:
We are looking for someone who is smart, energetic and most importantly passionate about our mission - to reduce the financial burden of Americans when it comes to their largest expense - rent. Flex offer renters a line of credit to enable them to pay with flexibility throughout the month instead of all at once before the month starts.
Our goal is to build the system and infrastructure that enables millions of renters to be able to pay rent on completely flexible schedules. As the senior backend engineer, you will drive the effort to architect and improve the backbone of our web applications, build and maintain the foundations of our stack and data pipeline. You'll work closely together with our currently engineering team, who built out our API and most of our backend services in Node and Typescript.
What you'll do:
- Design and improve our APIs and backend services to be able to reach true scalability
- Develop features primarily on the backend while exploring modern web technologies options that can be used to improve our existing system
- Actively participate in code reviews; provide guidance and ensure the engineering team is following established processes.
- Participate in the adoption of best practices and process improvements, including documentation and team roll-out.
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and the team to be more ambitious
- Contribute to continued growth of the team's skills & processes
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years Engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of trade-offs in engineering for scalability, fault tolerance, maintainability, and performance
- Practice of development of public facing APIs
- Knowledge of TypeScript is a plus
- Experience implementing CI/CD (Docker, Jenkins, AWS) is a bonus
- Experience growing startups during a growth phase a huge plus
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Outstanding communicator with both business and technology audiences
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Passion for writing beautiful, functional and well-tested code
Buzzwords throughout the stack: NodeJs, Typescript, Python, GraphQL, Prisma, AWS, ReactJs, Redux, Docker
Flex enables renters to pay their rent out over the course of the month on their preferred schedule, instead of on the 1st. Flex eliminates late rent fees, helps avoid overdrafts, improves monthly budgeting and results in more available cash throughout the month.
We move incredibly quickly and try to be very lean in spending our time on building things. Each team member has a strong sense of ownership in their work, and is great at working independently. We're also very transparent in our decision-making and prioritization process, and are constantly open to changing our opinions when we hear good arguments.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.