- New York
- $100k - $130k
- 0.10% - 0.15%
- Google Cloud
Come build the new frontier of investing and push the cutting edge of human / machine decision-making.
For the past 10 years, nearly all practitioners of active management - professionals who actively choose stocks and other assets and build tailored investment portfolios from them - have underperformed the market. As this “alpha” has exited from the industry, fewer and fewer investment professionals have access to tools and technology to stay solvent and relevant.
This affects people across all facets of society, as less successful active managers means less people can gain access to high quality, risk balanced, and differentiated returns on investment for their money. Indeed, the only folks still seeing high rates of return are the ultra-wealthy who have access to massive quantitative Hedge Funds that use highly proprietary methods that few people will ever see or understand.
Our mission is to change this, by building an investment platform that democratizes access to a new type of systematic investment. Our first customers are established and active managers, but as we expand into the market we hope tot serve all sorts of customers, from large managers to consumers.
Work on one or many of these projects:
- The Freemarkets Simulation Stack: use your deep understanding of scalable systems and mathematics to build a simulation suite that tests market conditions across time and assets.
- The Freemarkets Data Stack: integrate your understanding of mathematics, machine learning, and with deep financial rigor to identify new insights and opportunities in the markets.
- 1+ years of full-stack software development experience. Experience with React/Redux or similar JS frameworks.
- 1+ years of database experience with mySQL, sql-lite or Postgres
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Incredibly fast learner, desire to be unleashed against problems.
- Experience with Django and the Django REST Framework.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform.
- An interest in markets and mathematics.
Build the frontier of investing, pushing the cutting edge of human / machine decision-making.
Mission-oriented, intense people who want to push the limits of technology to understand the world.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.