- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Amazon S3
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for experienced Full Stack engineers to help us extend the core features of Front and bring collaboration beyond email. To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, have proven software development skills, enjoy solving hard problems, and work well in a small, cross-functional, dynamic team.
What will you be doing?
- Design and contribute to sub-systems to make Front a better, more powerful collaboration software.
- Work closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new features.
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications.
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Node.js ES6, TypeScript, React
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Experience in API design
- Experience working with complex data models at scale
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
We're reinventing email by making it easier to use for teams who share an inbox. Email began life as a tool for individuals to manage their personal communication. Over time it's become used by teams to handle all external communication. The email clients haven't kept up with this change, Front is the email client used by teams to share their inbox (e.g. sales@ or support@ address) and collaborate easily with each other.
We have five core values: collaboration, transparency, care, low ego, high standards.
Company culture is important to us at Front. In the spirit of transparency, we decided to publish this culture book. We hope it serves as a guide to our values as our team grows, and can be helpful for others who are working to mindfully grow their culture, too.
- Amazon S3
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.