Go Backend Engineer
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- $130k - $160k
- 0.5% - 1.0%
We're Fuzzbuzz and we're building a fuzzing as a service platform that integrates into CI systems and the modern software testing workflow. Fuzzing is a type of automated testing that generates and runs thousands of inputs per second on your code to try and find bugs and vulnerabilities. It uses code coverage and other signals from your code to guide the types of inputs it runs. You can read more here
We recently graduated from Y Combinator's W19 batch & raised a $2.7M seed round from some of the best tech investors, namely Fuel Capital, Solomon Hykes (Docker founder), Flo Leibert (Mesosphere founder), Spencer Kimball (CockroachDB founder), Michael Stoppelman (Yelp CTO).
About the Team
We're currently a team of 4 people and prefer staying small - allowing us to iterate faster and get very comfortable working with each other (the 3 founders have been roommates since first year university). That means you'll be 20% of the team - all of the work you do will be extremely critical and immediately impact users.
Since we are really small, we prefer having everyone working at the same location. We’re at 541 Jefferson Ave in Redwood City, CA - 10 mins from the Caltrain.
1. Define the DevOps and security standards of tomorrow
Fuzzing is seeing more widespread usage than ever before, but there is still work to be done before it sees mass adoption. We're uniquely positioned to bring fuzzing to the developer community and make software testing more effective than ever before.
2. Product-first culture with an emphasis on engineering
Working on a technical product means working with very technical people. We embrace technical challenges and take them head-on. We use tools/frameworks because they get the job done, not because they're the current flavor of the month.
3. Early stage, funded startup
By joining Fuzzbuzz at this critical early stage, as one of our first team members, you'll be shaping not only our product, but our company & engineering culture as well. We're well funded, and pay in the top 5% of companies in SF at our stage.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, architect and build the Fuzzbuzz platform (API, VM orchestrator & frontend/UI)
- Work with fuzzing team to integrate fuzzing tooling into the platform
- Work with founders to define product roadmap
- Define internal engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Wor and iterate closely with users
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience writing APIs in Go
- Experience with or willingness to learn Kubernetes
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or DO
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- You're obsessed with users and providing real value to customers rather than working with “cool tech”
- Ability to navigate & take ownership of complex problems from design through to final implementation
- 100% covered health, dental & vision
- Caltrain & Parking covered
- Unlimited, guilt-free PTO
- Lunch on Fuzzbuzz every day
- Ergonomic workstation (standing desk, Herman Miller chairs, custom monitor/laptop set up)
We're Fuzzbuzz and we're building a fuzzing as a service platform that integrates into CI systems and the modern testing ecosystem.
Fuzzing is a type of automated testing that generates and runs thousands of inputs per second against your application to try and find bugs, vulnerabilities and unexpected behaviour.
The space has remained largely unchanged since 2014. As such, there hasn't been much adoption by developers (clunky tools that don't work or are extremely hard to run in the development lifecycle). We are fixing that by changing the way developers write, interact and run fuzzing jobs.
Join us on our mission to make fuzzing an industry standard!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.