- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud
Geli is looking for an experienced optimization engineer with a software development background in Python to join our Data Science team. Geli is innovating the way distributed energy resources are controlled, and the optimization engineer will help refine and develop the algorithms which are at heart of it all. As applications of energy resources continue to proliferate and evolve, our formulation of economic objectives needs to be updated to reflect these changes. The optimization engineer will formulate these new objectives, refine methods to hedge against uncertainty, and collaborate with our forecasting data scientists to maximize expected savings. Our data analytics and cloud platforms use state-of-the-art technologies to set you up for success. Since optimization is at the core of Geli, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn about and contribute to the software development of our other energy storage software products.
You will work closely with the rest of the analytics and software engineers focusing on these topics:
- Formulate cost objectives for new business cases
- Refine approaches to mitigate risks caused by forecasting error
- Coordinate with forecasting team to learn the ideal characteristics of forecasts for a given use case (eg: some applications benefit from erroring on the side of over forecasting energy consumption)
- Support sales team to understand the potential challenges of various markets
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment. We commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements.
- Gain in depth experience in an exciting industry as you work with storage sizing, energy financial models, energy tariffs, storage controls & monitoring.
- Geli engineering is a flat organization and you will directly report to the VP of Engineering.
- There are opportunities to lead teams, projects and/or become a scrum master.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment. A strong work ethic with excellent problem solving skills are equally important as being a team player who enjoys to learn and teach. These skills will additionally help you to excel in the position:
- BS or higher degree with 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Linear Programming, MIP, and Convex Optimization
- Work experience implementing stochastic optimization approaches
- Strong background in linear algebra and statistics
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms (time series forecasting, clustering algorithms, probabilistic models, supervised and unsupervised learning)
- Software design experience and ability to write clean, maintainable and shippable production code
- Ability to cooperate with other engineers, and focus on the communal goal
Experience in some of these fields will give you a jump start:
- PostgreSQL, Django ORM
- Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins
- Knowledge of Cloud, IoT technologies, and scalable platforms
- As a member of the team you will have significant influence on the direction of our technology stack.
- Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
- Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact to the success of the company
- Growth: leading international energy OEMs, developers and utilities trust us to modernize the trillion dollar energy industry with them and we need to grow to keep up with the demand
- Casual working environment: there’s no need to dress up.
-Competitive salary and equity compensation plan
- 401K with company matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter reimbursement
- Convenient SOMA location on Mission St in downtown San Francisco (short walk to Montgomery Street BART)
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech. Geli is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind and battery storage available. This is Geli's vision - the "Internet of Energy” (IoEn).
Geli provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems.
We're a growing Series-B funded company with 25 employees located in San Francisco's SOMA district looking for enthusiastic engineers that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
Geli provides software and business solutions to design, automate, and manage energy storage systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic platform. Geli is a Series B company whose software actively manages megawatts of projects that are deployed around the world.
We are a fun group brought together by our cause to have a positive impact on the environment. Our nimble organization is rooted in meritocratic and autonomy, has a flat hierarchy with diverse, supportive coworkers who pull together across teams.
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.