Senior Frontend Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- $150k - $175k
- 0.1% - 0.2%
As the tech lead on the web applications team, you'll help guide 2-3 engineers in building and delivering desktop applications that focus on engaging our users. You'll be heavily involved through the product development process and given the opportunity to give creative input into many phases of the product. You’ll work on something that will have mass impact mass adoption, and mass reach.
This is a high impact role where your contributions will directly shape the end user experience for communities on Geneva. You'll work closely with our product, design, and outreach teams to help the communities on Geneva flourish. The role will require you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, AM, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a developer
- 4+ years of experience working with modern front-end frameworks such as React or Vue
- 2+ years experience tech leading a small team of engineers
- 2+ years working with TypeScript (or equivalent experience with other strongly typed languages such as Haskell, Scala, Flow.js, etc…)
- A passion for building exceptional user experiences
- Experience optimizing performance of React applications
- Experience designing frontend architectures and balancing agility with code quality
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience working through the entire product development lifecycle from inception to development and delivery
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
- Experience building real time communication applications
- Experience shipping Electron based desktop applications
Geneva is a startup based in New York City building a flexible communication platform to bring communities together.
We know that being part of a group is vital to people's happiness and wellbeing, but the tools and platforms most of us are using today aren't really designed to help us build and participate in positive communities. The way we see it, most social media platforms are too public and chaotic, but most chat apps are super limited and rigid. So we're creating Geneva as something in between: a new utility designed to actually bring people together. We believe in a new digital world — one where privacy is respected, power is distributed, and accountability is emphasized.
We've obsessed with building the best possible product for our users, and to do that we know we need to build the best team possible. We're looking engineers that are exceptional at their craft, and even better as human beings.
We’re a family. We want to win together and be at the finish line together. We are obsessive learners and truth seekers and care more about success than being right. The best ideas win out no matter where they come from. We believe in first principles. We have strong convictions, loosely held.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.