- New York, NY, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 0.01% - 0.10%
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate scalable systems (go and typescript) to drive the Geneva mobile experience
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are:
- You enjoy and have 5+ years experience building APIs
- You enjoy wrangling real world complexity and building reliable systems
- You have a deep understanding of system design for web applications, you think about their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- You pray at the altar of speed and know how to make quick and decisive decisions
- You want to work on something that will have mass impact, mass adoption and mass reach
- Experience with chat systems
- Familiarity with cloud hosting platforms (AWS, GCP)
Geneva is a startup based in New York City building a flexible communication platform to bring communities together.
We know that being part of a group is vital to people's happiness and wellbeing, but the tools and platforms most of us are using today aren't really designed to help us build and participate in positive communities. The way we see it, most social media platforms are too public and chaotic, but most chat apps are super limited and rigid. So we're creating Geneva as something in between: a new utility designed to actually bring people together. We believe in a new digital world — one where privacy is respected, power is distributed, and accountability is emphasized.
We've obsessed with building the best possible product for our users, and to do that we know we need to build the best team possible. We're looking engineers that are exceptional at their craft, and even better as human beings.
We’re a family. We want to win together and be at the finish line together. We are obsessive learners and truth seekers and care more about success than being right. The best ideas win out no matter where they come from. We believe in first principles. We have strong convictions, loosely held.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.