- New York, NY, United States
- $125k - $200k
- 0.0% - 0.5%
We started Geneva to bring people together. We're building the word's most flexible group messaging platform — a low-pressure space where everyone can have genuine conversations with communities they care about. Geneva is a world where power is distributed, where privacy is respected, and where advertising is nowhere to be found.
The Geneva Engineering team is part of what makes this happen. For our Android app, we use Kotlin, Android Jetpack, unidirectional data flows, dependency injection, reactive programming, unit tests, end to end tests, and the robot pattern.
You don't have to know all of these patterns and libraries, but you'll be using them daily. Technical skills aren't everything at Geneva; we value kind people who can work well on a team.
Our office is in New York City (but you don't have to be). Geneva is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We have that commitment instilled into the very foundation of our company. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
- You get joy from shipping useful and life changing apps.
- You've contributed to several apps on the Play Store.
- You have a deep understanding of the Android framework, and application development best practices.
- You care about writing tests. You believe that architectural patterns, such as MVP, MVVM, or MVI can help you reason about your code.
- You're comfortable with the whole software development lifecycle, from communicating requirements, and implementing features, to testing your code and optimizing CI/CD.
- You have great communication skills. You know how to deliver and receive constructive feedback. You know how to express your ideas in an effective manner to both technical and non-technical people. You're able to work closely with design, iOS, and backend teams.
- You have a growth mindset and are constantly looking for ways to improve your skills and hone your craft. You're not set on doing things
the old wayif there's a better way of getting things done.
About the Job
On a daily basis, you’ll
- Build a cutting edge Android app that brings people together and sets a new standard for mobile communication.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Work in an environment where vision and strategy exists but still has plenty of room to be shaped.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Level up all aspects of Geneva's culture.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others.
- You contribute to open source projects.
- You understand Material Design and appreciate apps that use it.
- You're not afraid to submit pull requests to the iOS or backend repositories.
- The rare opportunity to be a senior Android leader at a company that will change the face of consumer internet.
- Beautiful Tribeca office at Spring Place right next to the Hudson River.
- Remote work for those that can't be in the office.
- Work that is meaningful and purposeful.
- Competitive compensation.
- Amazing company retreats.
- Endless coffee and snacks.
- Career investment.
Geneva is a startup based in New York City building a flexible communication platform to bring communities together.
We know that being part of a group is vital to people's happiness and wellbeing, but the tools and platforms most of us are using today aren't really designed to help us build and participate in positive communities. The way we see it, most social media platforms are too public and chaotic, but most chat apps are super limited and rigid. So we're creating Geneva as something in between: a new utility designed to actually bring people together. We believe in a new digital world — one where privacy is respected, power is distributed, and accountability is emphasized.
We've obsessed with building the best possible product for our users, and to do that we know we need to build the best team possible. We're looking engineers that are exceptional at their craft, and even better as human beings.
We’re a family. We want to win together and be at the finish line together. We are obsessive learners and truth seekers and care more about success than being right. The best ideas win out no matter where they come from. We believe in first principles. We have strong convictions, loosely held.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.