- $130k - $180k
- 0.00% - 0.42%
This position is open to US residents and citizens only
Geosite builds workflow software at the intersection of legacy GIS engineering tools and modern cloud collaboration platforms. Our main product is a SaaS platform that enables users to collaborate on the creation, fusion and dissemination of geospatial data to facilitate reconnaissance, planning and operations across a wide range of industries. Our customers include major energy companies, environmental organizations and the US Department of Defense. Led by PhDs, GIS experts, and veterans, we closed our series A round of financing in 2021 and are rapidly growing our team.
We are looking for a SENIOR FRONTEND ENGINEER to (1) help build frontend components across the Geosite product line; and (2) lead project teams and mentor junior engineers. You will be joining a team of ~20 engineers and working with our design and data science teams to build beautiful GUIs for working with geospatial data.
General expertise in React and Typescript is a must. Experience with frontend geospatial libraries (e.g. OpenLayers, MapboxGL) and data visualization libraries (e.g. Plotly, D3) is a plus. Because this is a senior position, good leadership qualities are also highly desirable.
This position comes with equity! If you are driven, high-energy, and passionate about application development - we want you on our team!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help build frontend features across the Geosite product line.
- Work with the design team to shape and implement their designs.
- Work with backend engineers to ensure seamless integration between front- and backend functions.
- Proactively initiate and lead front-end tasks as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Expertise in React and Typescript.
- Expertise in modern front-end tools (e.g. webpack, eslint, redux, babel)
- Expertise in front-end frameworks (e.g. material UI, bootstrap)
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in frontend engineering.
- Experience with frontend geospatial libraries
- Experience with data visualization libraries
- Experienced enterprise SaaS frontends.
- Enjoys leading and mentoring engineers to think about system life cycles, edge cases, and failure modes.
Comp / Benefits
- $130K - $180K + <= 0.42% equity
- Fully remote during COVID-19 pandemic
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
About Geosite, Inc.
Geosite enables customers across a wide swathe of industries to leverage geospatial data for reconnaissance, planning and operations in real-time. By combining engineering-grade GIS capabilities with UX-centric design in a collaborative, cloud-native format, Geosite lets users focus on mission and operations, not the vagaries of geospatial data science. From assessing epidemiological risk to locating sources of greenhouse gas emissions, Geosite helps organizations solve real-world problems.
Transparent, respectful, experimental
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.