- $130k - $180k
- 0.00% - 0.42%
This position is open to US residents and citizens only
Geosite builds workflow software at the intersection of legacy GIS engineering tools and modern cloud collaboration platforms. Our main product is a SaaS platform that enables users to collaborate on the creation, fusion and dissemination of geospatial data to facilitate reconnaissance, planning and operations across a wide range of industries. Our customers include major energy companies, environmental organizations and the US Department of Defense. Led by PhDs, GIS experts, and veterans, we closed our series A round of financing in 2021 and are rapidly growing our team.
We are looking for a SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER to (1) help build backend components across the Geosite product line; and (2) lead project teams and mentor junior engineers. You will be joining an established backend engineering team and working with our frontend engineering and data science teams to help build features enabling a variety of geospatial capabilities.
General expertise in Python is a must and experience with Ruby (Rails) is a plus. Successful candidates will have expertise in:
- building enterprise-grade web APIs
- building solutions using geospatial libraries (e.g. GDAL/OGR, Shapely, GeoPandas, etc)
This position comes with equity! If you are driven, high-energy, and passionate about application development - we want you on our team!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build backend features across the Geosite product line.
- Work with the product team and other engineering teams to formulate engineering requirements.
- Lead project teams and mentor junior engineers.
- Proactively initiate and lead backend tasks as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experienced with building enterprise grade Python services from conception to deployment.
- Demonstrated experience with data-modelling using one or more common databases.
- Experience with geospatial technologies (e.g. PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, RasterIO, Shapely, etc).
- Experience using some of the following: AWS, Python, FastAPI, SqlAlchemy, Alembic, Docker.
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries like plotly and D3
- Experience with geospatial data standards from OGC, STAC, or others
- Experience shipping code with Kubernetes.
- Experience working with vector tiles and 3D tiles using common specifications (MapboxGL, CesiumGS, etc)
- Experience maintaining and refactoring large legacy codebases.
- Enjoys leading and mentoring engineers to think about system life cycles, edge cases, and failure modes.
Comp / Benefits
- $130K - $180K + <= 0.42% equity
- Fully remote during COVID-19 pandemic
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Submit your resume and an optional cover letter via the “Apply” link on the site/listing.
About Geosite, Inc.
Geosite enables customers across a wide swathe of industries to leverage geospatial data for reconnaissance, planning and operations in real-time. By combining engineering-grade GIS capabilities with UX-centric design in a collaborative, cloud-native format, Geosite lets users focus on mission and operations, not the vagaries of geospatial data science. From assessing epidemiological risk to locating sources of greenhouse gas emissions, Geosite helps organizations solve real-world problems.
Transparent, respectful, experimental
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.