Director of Engineering
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $120k - $220k
- 0.1% - 3.0%
- Google Cloud
We are the worlds first digital caregiver and we make services that help older adults avoid retirement communities and age well in their own homes. Our flagship product helps older adults use Lyft and Uber without needing a smartphone. We're operating profitably with millions in revenue and growing quickly every month. Total engineering headcount, including this position, is nine.
Candidates for the Director of Engineering role are looking to take a leadership position with tons of opportunity to make an impact on the technology, engineering team and older adults using GoGo every day.
The five-person Ride Team runs the core product behind GoGoGrandparent: a mobility management solution for older adults. This position is equal parts coding & leadership. The perfect applicant has experience in software architecture and design, is looking for a leadership role and is comfortable switching between leading and coding.
We are looking for someone excited about the opportunity to develop a product that directly empowers the lives of thousands of older adults.
- Write code that squashes bugs and keeps them squashed
- Write and manage product features, priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Manage the 5 person Ride Team, perform code reviews, run sprint meetings, hire, etc
- Work with the other engineers on the team to keep all the parts of GoGo talking to each other
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software
- Experience with Node.js and MySQL
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes and how to tie them together into a deployment flow
- Familiarity with Vue.js is a plus
- Familiarity with Typescript is a plus
- Have a C.S. degree or related field
We use existing ride share and meal delivery services to make a digital caregiver for older adults.
You have a lot of autonomy to make decisions within your team. Because GoGo is building technology for a user class that doesn't help us build that technology, we heavily value user empathy on the team.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.