Head of Data Engineering
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Golden is looking for a data engineering leader to both manage data ingestion projects and develop tooling for increased scale, accuracy, and automation in our data pipeline. Successful candidates will demonstrate thoughtfulness and curiosity in data ingestion, generation, and pipelining. Reporting directly to the CEO, the ideal candidate has experience growing and scaling high-performing engineering teams. You are comfortable in collaboration with executive leadership, product management, recruiting, and other company functions. As Golden’s first data engineering leader you will be engineering the ingestion and generation of data at scale. Our team uses React, Python, Django, AWS, and Postgres. Your work will directly relate to the real world in making a product that everyone will use and love.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build a team of data engineers, NLP experts, ML experts and ML related devops engineers.
- Make thoughtful judgements on data quality to clean data sources for import.
- Identify and proactively create new data ingestion and processing tooling to eliminate manual processes, inefficient or repetitive work, and address quality issues.
- Partner with the AI/NLP team to scale and embed techniques they’ve developed and prototyped.
- Use Python, Jupyter notebooks, and Pandas to inspect and analyze data sources.
- Help architect our approach and infrastructure to build a knowledge graph from public data.
Qualifications We Need
- A technical leader who will architect novel solutions and influence architecture and product road-map.
- Experience building, scaling, and managing teams, specifically in startup environments.
- Experience with data-oriented products, including data ingestion and creation processes to build core data assets.
- Experience in data ingestion and creation. You are comfortable with data at web scale.
- Experience with NLP and management of an NLP team.
- Deliver our objectives of semantic triple ingestion speed and entity creation.
- Specific experience with any of the following: extraction of triples, topic prediction, taxonomic detection, event detection, clustering, relevancy, deduction and inference of data, generation of text with NLP.
- Strong experience with probability and statistics.
- You were emotionally moved by Free Solo, which chronicles a quest to triumph over the impossible. :-)
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge and accelerate discovery and education. We are building the world’s first self-constructing knowledge database making it easier to explore and contribute to public and private knowledge. Golden leverages human effort by using machine intelligence to make the process of gathering and communicating knowledge simpler. Golden is venture-backed by a16z, Founders Fund, Giga fund and other top tier investors, and is led by Jude Gomila, a founder of Heyzap (YC ‘09, acquired for $45million in 2016), and investor in over 200 startups. To learn more about Golden visit us at https://golden.com/ check out our blog https://golden.com/blog or join the conversation at @Golden
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge. We are building the world’s first self-constructing knowledge database.
Intellectually curious, meritocratic, pragmatic, growth driven, multi disciplinary, hackerish, learning focused, respectful, do no harm.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.