Head of Engineering
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Golden is looking for a Head of Engineering to recruit, build, and manage our engineering team. As an early team member you will be working in a startup environment with high autonomy and responsibility. You will support our mission to organize and map the world’s knowledge by growing the Golden Knowledge Base and Golden Research Engine product. Reporting directly to the CEO, the ideal candidate is a team leader who will recruit, build, and manage a team of engineers, NLP experts, and data engineers.
Successful candidates will have experience with data products as well as high-quality web application products. This includes growing and scaling high-performing teams, as well as a history of thoughtful collaboration with executive leadership, product management, recruiting, and other company functions. Our team uses React, Python, Django, AWS, and Postgres. Your work will directly relate to the real world in making a product that everyone will use and love. As Golden’s first engineering leader you will be a crucial building block of Golden’s success.
What You Will Be Doing
- Mentor, grow, and lead the engineering team. Help them achieve their best work and prioritize the wellbeing and professional growth of every team member.
- Develop new algorithms and techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of our product.
- Inspire a pioneering culture with high engineering standards to deliver consistency to the codebases and infrastructure.
- Lead by example by being hands on and rolling up your sleeves to help the team as needed.
Qualifications We Need
- Experience building, scaling, and managing engineering teams, specifically in startup environments.
- Experience with data-oriented products, including data ingestion and creation processes to build core data assets.
- Experience as an engineering leader on high-quality technology products, including the collaboration necessary with sales, product management, customer success, and executive leadership.
- A technical leader who will architect novel technical solutions and influence architecture and product road-map.
- Experience with any of the following: extraction of triples, named entity recognition, event detection, clustering of entities/event, relevancy, deduction and inference of data, data pipelines/ETLs, data clean up and generation of text with NLP.
- Knowledge of ML and NLP principles and comfortable managing a team of NLP engineers.
- Experience with ingesting public data sources.
- Experience building knowledge graphs.
- You were emotionally moved by Free Solo, which chronicles a quest to triumph over the impossible. :-)
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge and accelerate discovery and education. We are building the world’s first self-constructing knowledge database making it easier to explore and contribute to public and private knowledge. Golden leverages human effort by using machine intelligence to make the process of gathering and communicating knowledge simpler. Golden is venture-backed by a16z, Founders Fund, Giga fund and other top tier investors, and is led by Jude Gomila, a founder of Heyzap (YC ‘09, acquired for $45million in 2016), and investor in over 200 startups. To learn more about Golden visit us at https://golden.com/ check out our blog https://golden.com/blog or join the conversation @Golden
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge. We are building the world’s first self-constructing knowledge database.
Intellectually curious, meritocratic, pragmatic, growth driven, multi disciplinary, hackerish, learning focused, respectful, do no harm.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.