Software Engineer, NLP
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Golden is looking for a multi disciplinary backend generalist with a knack for picking up new technologies and programming languages. As an early team member you will be working in a startup environment with high autonomy and a rapid development pace. The work will touch upon NLP, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Data Structures and Algorithms.
We are building a system that spans many specializations within NLP: named-entity recognition and relation extraction; topic modeling and document clustering; textual entailment and question-answering; and detecting complexity, subjectivity, and vandalism. Our team uses React, Python, Django, AWS, and Postgres. Your work will also relate to the real world in making a product that everyone will use and love. We are looking for special early engineers to join us.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop algorithm framework to support data ingestion, generation, and pipelining features.
- Foster an efficient and disciplined engineering culture with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Actively participate in shipping new features, product development, and taking an active role in code reviews for the team.
- Work on the front lines of building a new knowledge graph.
Qualifications We Need
- Experience building complex web apps and leading projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent data structure and algorithm skills with a passion for producing high quality code.
- Experience with data pipelines and best practices for moving and extracting data.
- Preferred PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s in CS/EE or a related discipline. We also consider exceptional applicants with other backgrounds (e.g., self-taught).
- You worked with any of the following: extraction of triples, topic prediction, taxonomic detection, event detection, clustering, relevancy, deduction and inference of data, generation of text with NLP.
- You think about probability and statistics and have complex data schema experience.
- Strong Python or Machine Learning experience.
- You were emotionally moved by Free Solo, which chronicles a quest to triumph over the impossible. :-)
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge and accelerate discovery and education. We are building the world’s first self-constructing knowledge database making it easier to explore and contribute to public and private knowledge. Golden leverages human effort by using machine intelligence to make the process of gathering and communicating knowledge simpler. Golden is venture-backed by a16z, Founders Fund, Giga fund and other top tier investors, and is led by Jude Gomila, a founder of Heyzap (YC ‘09, acquired for $45million in 2016), and investor in over 200 startups. To learn more about Golden visit us at https://golden.com/ check out our blog https://golden.com/blog or join the conversation at @Golden
Golden is on a mission to map human knowledge. We are building the world’s first self-constructing knowledge database.
Intellectually curious, meritocratic, pragmatic, growth driven, multi disciplinary, hackerish, learning focused, respectful, do no harm.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.