- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Apache Spark
At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives. We also know that we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered communication assistant—to help the world’s 2 billion English speakers feel heard. So far, we’ve created a product that reaches 15 million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
The Browser Extension Team
The Extensions Team at Grammarly is a small, collaborative team where every engineer's work directly impacts millions of users. We’re a bunch of curious, life-long learners who get excited about solving novel technical challenges at scale. We're not building a traditional web app — we're creating a seamless, thoughtful way for users to directly access Grammarly's sophisticated AI system at any time, on any site. In a domain without established best practices, our challenge is to pioneer innovative and maintainable solutions that enhance the core experience of the web.
- Create a delightful user experience that scales to the entire web and meets Grammarly's users anywhere they write.
- Develop new features to enrich our users’ core web experience and pioneer best practices with cutting-edge web APIs beyond conventional web apps.
- Own the full user engagement experience, from the setup flow to features targeting power users.
- Build in-product feedback cycles using our proprietary, sophisticated user engagement metrics system.
- Continue to build your acumen in functional reactive programming, starting with Typescript and React, and pushing the technical frontier from there.
- Build and contribute to open source frameworks and libraries that impact millions of users every day.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you - Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback. - Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business. - Health care, 401K, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.
Effective communication is hard. It requires talent, skill, and a lot of effort. Enter Grammarly, the first widely adopted AI communication assistant helping people with the substance and impact of their writing. Grammarly helps millions of people make their written communication clear, mistake-free, and effective. With a $200 million growth equity investment and a 1+ Billion valuation, Grammarly is changing the way the world communicates—enabling people to write exactly what they mean and be fully understood. To help us reach that goal, we are looking for exceptional Software Engineers to join our team!
We take our EAGER (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, & Remarkable) values very seriously as they help us ensure that our team can collaborate effectively, and enable us to select and develop individuals who take personal responsibility for achieving aggressive goals.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.