- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $140k - $150k
- 0.0% - 0.0%
- iOS Development
More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion, and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer. You will build new features for the native mobile app and be a member of our mobile development team. You will contribute to and lead new mobile feature work as well as advancing our mobile architecture and frameworks. You will work closely with other mobile developers as well as full-stack web engineers, along with Product and Design partners. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, dynamic and creative team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Leading and crafting iOS features from ideation, through technical design, to deployment.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, designers, and test engineers.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the overall growth of the mobile team.
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in a Lean/Agile environment, on a small team with light process.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit-tested, code-reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of software development experience, with at least 3 years professional experience with iOS applications in production.
- Demonstrable experience in shipping high-quality applications to the App Store.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Strong knowledge of the iOS10+ SDK.
- Experience with Swift, Xcode, RxSwift, UIKit, and other common frameworks.
- Development for both phones and tablets.
- Understanding of iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Strong user-centric design orientation with the ability to fill in gaps.
- Practical experience handling complexities like unreliable network coverage, battery life, and location tracking.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to communicate with backend services.
- Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to take initiative and build strong, positive relationships.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil. Learn more about our company and people here!
Granular builds technology to help farmers run stronger businesses and steward the land for generations to come. We work with industry experts, scientists, and growers to build software that helps farmers make smart choices, whether it's determining which land to buy, which seeds to purchase, or developing a comprehensive understanding of their financials.
Even though we are no longer a startup, we still embody many of the positive aspects of startup culture. To us, that means more than just having beer in the fridge and dogs in the office. It means we all understand our mission and work hard to achieve it together. We take risks and experiment with new ideas. We are quickly building features and infrastructure so that we can outpace our competitors and be the leaders in our industry. Most importantly, we work with smart, down-to-earth people who are laser-focused on delivering the best software in agriculture.
- iOS Development
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.