Grove empowers people to make sense of their financial needs and take action now to build towards their future. We are building software that allows us to offer personalized advice at a fraction of the price of traditional financial advisors.
We believe personal finance is a continuous evolution and Grove integrates seamlessly into people’s lives by offering a service that uses a combination of streamlined software and human financial advisors. The result is a unique financial plan that will reflect clients’ needs and progress as their lives continue to evolve.
We just raised $8M for our Series A from investors with a track record in consumer companies (https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/20/grove-just-raised-8-million-to-make-traditional-financial-planning-affordable-to-pretty-much-everyone/)
Our clients love our product, our NPS is 90 and one in four clients refers a new paid client. We have low tech debt and 99% test coverage on the web backend.
We charge for our service and have real revenue (every customer is a paying customer). In fact, we're over capacity right now and have a large waitlist of people who have paid us $50 to hold their place in line.
We have huge positive impact on our customers lives, prompting changes and decreasing stress. 90% of our clients take actions to improve their financial lives in in the first 3 months of working with us.
We just moved into a beautiful new dog-friendly office near South Park in Soma.
The engineering team is small and informal at the moment; we are each empowered and expected to do anything from frontend to backend development, test automation, and light devops work. We also get to present and advocate our own product ideas and engineering-driven project work.
Our current agile methodology is based on kanban, with weekly prioritization/backlog review meetings; in the past, we’ve also used a two-week sprint model. Our source code is managed via private GitHub repos, and changes to the code are handled via feature branches and voluntary PR code reviews. Our repos all include unit tests, with server code coverage currently at 99%. Code is tested and deployed via continuous integration, and all are encouraged to deploy to production via chatops whenever practicable.
We’re implementing and evolving a suite of tools that allow our team of certified financial planners to efficiently analyze our clients’ financial data and generate highly personalized financial plans. We are creating:
• A financial modeling engine that determines whether life goals are achievable against changing market conditions
• An analytics platform for ingested bank and investment account data
• A workflow engine to combine advisor and machine expertise in order to create a financial plan
• A beautiful, intuitive interface for measuring clients’ lives against their financial plan (including natural-language explanations of financial recommendations)
Expanding on a financial modeling engine that determines whether life goals are achievable against changing market conditions.
Designing and implementing a process to automatically generate natural-language explanations of financial recommendations.
Working with design on an intuitive and dynamic display of a client’s progress toward their financial goals.
• We are a very flat organization. While everyone knows what their jobs and responsibilities are, we welcome differing ideas and points of view regardless of job function
• We are happy to respectfully question each other’s lines of thinking when coming up with new products, marketing ideas, and strategic plans and we discuss company goals, progress and setbacks, and company direction as a team.
• We are a collaborative culture, not a “go it alone” one. We have many stakeholders involved in product ideation, feedback, and refinement.
• We are a team of diverse professional experiences and backgrounds, and the best ideas can come from anywhere.
100% coverage of multiple policy choices (PPO, HMO, Kaiser) for employees and 50% coverage for dependents
100% coverage of Dental and Vision for employees too (and 50% for dependents)
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Free lunches at the office
Just moved into a great office next to South Park. We're <15min walking from Bart and Caltrain
We have a dog-friendly office
401(k) with company matching and zero fees/fund markups for employees
We offer an FSA for Parking/Transit
Regular company happy hours and team events
We encourage professional development outside of work. We don't have a formal policy in place but have previously paid to cover the costs of relevant conferences and workshops.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.