Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Engineering at Grove
The Grove product/engineering/design team is rooted in a data and goal-driven culture. We love to take ownership of big business and technology challenges in our high growth phase, and solve them quickly and robustly. We are divided into small, independently-executing Agile teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (python, Vue, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), leveraging new technologies as needed. We use CI/CD to deploy several times a day so that we can impact the business as quickly as possible. We operate with shared trust and no egos, and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
- Make mature, bold decisions to move our systems forward
- Disseminate information and train other engineers on best practices and techniques for high-quality front end development
- Work with engineering leadership to create a front-end technology roadmap and deliver against it
- Use your ideas to implement features and demonstrate how it ought to be done
- Own the front-end build process
- Advocate for new and better ways we should develop, and discover and implement new best practices for the development organization
- Contribute back to the open source projects we rely on
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong understanding of Django,Vue.js (or React or similar) and ECMAScript standard.
- You love clean code and robust design
- You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates’ code
- Keen nose for bad code smells
- Motivated and assertive in learning and helping your team be successful
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving abilities, and a results oriented attitude
- Experience with eCommerce a plus
About Grove Collaborative
We're a natural and sustainable product company and B Corporation that has a direct to consumer ecommerce platform.
We value transparency, collaboration, and openness. We're a diverse and inclusive workplace. Because we are a B Corporation, we are also a business that meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.