- San Francisco, CA, United States
Engineering at Grove
The Grove product/engineering/design team is rooted in a data and goal-driven culture. We love to take ownership of big business and technology challenges in our high growth phase, and solve them quickly and robustly. We are divided into small, independently-executing Agile teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (python, Vue, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS), leveraging new technologies as needed. We use CI/CD to deploy several times a day so that we can impact the business as quickly as possible. We operate with shared trust and no egos, and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
Your Role and Impact
- The opportunity to build and develop the data team here at Grove; this includes the hiring and mentoring of engineers and analysts, project leadership, etc
- Become the organization’s data SME; best practices, processes, systems, etc
- Build and Architect low latency data infrastructure and systems to support all of the organization’s data needs
- Create and deliver algorithms, simulators, and forecasts that allow us to ship millions of customer orders a month
- Build, maintain, and troubleshoot ETL pipelines for the data sources that power the company
- Plan for the future and ensure our data platform remains scalable and fast
- Build automated testing, performance evaluations, monitoring tools and dashboards
- Work with and build APIs from/for other microservices and outside services
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 5+ years of data engineering in a production environment
- 3+ years of experience coding in a data capacity (Python, PHP, Java, etc)
- 3+ years of experience SQL (we use Postgres and RedShift)
- Strong experience with data modeling, query optimization and tuning, etc
- Production experience with data streaming technologies - such as Spark, Kinesis, etc
- Production experience with machine learning (scikit, SyPy, tensorflow, etc) a plus, but not required
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
About Grove Collaborative
We're a natural and sustainable product company and B Corporation that has a direct to consumer ecommerce platform.
We value transparency, collaboration, and openness. We're a diverse and inclusive workplace. Because we are a B Corporation, we are also a business that meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.