We're building a Catholic meditation app. Think Calm or Headspace, but for prayer. We believe that people are searching for peace & spiritual growth, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with God: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28). Our goal is to build something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with truly world-class tech & design.
We launched the app in the Apple and Google Play stores in December of 2018 and so far we’ve been humbled with incredible growth & traction. We just passed 1M+ downloads & over 30,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best VC investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
Tldr: We are scaling up our dev team quickly and looking for someone who can join our product growth team & help code the iOS version of the app (in Swift).
What You'll Do
- Build the app: Build a best-in-class native Swift mobile app to help our users pray and meditate around the world
- Build out the product: Implement designs, interfaces, and animations into our app; build out the next versions of our community functionality allowing users to interact with one another; lead the iOS dev for the product-led growth pod
- Optimize: Architect frameworks for allowing A/B testing of content, fine-tune media streaming to enable our content to be accessible worldwide
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll report to Chris, our VP of Engineering, and will be on a very small team of engineers that own the entire iOS version of the app
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when or where you work just that it gets done.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: A foundation of 2+ years of experience in Swift and iOS development in general; experience working on other apps that use MediaPlayer or media streaming; an attention for detail with regards to design and crafting user interfaces; knowledge of application architecture and design; experience building reactive applications that interact with live content
- Bonus, but not required: experience with CarPlay or WatchOS
- Grit & Detail-Oriented: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a brand new role in a fast moving team, perseverance and attention to detail are important.
We are building a faith-based meditation app. Think Headspace or Calm, but for prayer & catholic spirituality. We believe that we're all looking for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with God: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” MT 11:28.
And we believe that if we’re able to combine the beauty of the Church’s prayer & meditation traditions with the world's best technology & design, it might just change the world.
We are a super mission-driven company, our employees really feel like they are working towards a common goal. Our team is small so every contribution is meaningful and employees are able to engage in areas across the entire company.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.