HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin's service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital. About the Role:
In this role you will build and deploy platform applications and services that enable a variety of data products across the HeadSpin enterprise. You will be working alongside other platform engineers and data scientists to help the company improve its data products and analytics. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, development of distributed data applications and services, performance and cost optimization, data model and pipeline tooling.
What You'll Do
• Help build a performant, and highly available data platform and the frameworks to support it.
• Actively contribute to the adoption and development of data architecture and tooling best practices.
• Help train and empower sales engineers and other technologists using the data platform to gain real-time insights into customer application performance.
• Help guide and prioritize development of the tooling to enhance our capabilities.
• Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our systems.
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 3+ years experience building highly-scalable applications.
• Strong Python programming skill set.
• Experience designing, querying, and optimizing SQL data tables.
• Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders.
• Experience designing and implementing streaming and asynchronous data applications.
• Experience deploying data pipelines in a production environment.
• Experience with distributed cloud infrastructure and AWS.
• A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data.
HeadSpin built the world's largest distributed cloud of real devices that provides thousands of testing hours of user experience to customers daily. We build our infrastructure with custom hardware to improve the speed and cost of deployment, reliability, and data capture abilities of the iOS and Android devices. On this we run continual user experience tests that capture data as the user would see apps and streaming content in the local market. The data is processed with our AI benchmark to identify/quantify user experience issues (e.g. spinners, screen loads, quality drops) and root cause issues (e.g. network configuration, content slowness). The HeadSpin enterprise product is the backbone that supports this, as well as other functional and performance testing needs of dozens of the top companies in the world.
Our customers love our product but also have many requests for new functionality. Engineers are self-motivated and build many components rapidly in order to satisfy customer demand and reduce the load of manually testing the system. We love engineers that are passionate about mobile devices, data visualization, and developer tools!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.