HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin's service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
About the Role:
In this role, you will design, implement, and deploy algorithms to surface actionable insights into the performance and utilization of best practices in customer applications. You will work with platform and data engineers to surface insights and key metrics to customers via APIs, downstream databases, interactive user interfaces, and other applications. You will become a content expert and be expected to suggest recommendations and influence decisions by effectively communicating results to cross-functional groups. You will contribute to tools and techniques needed to help scale the team and deliver an exceptional product.
What You'll Do
• Develop models or algorithms to automatically surface insights into application performance and best practices at scale.
• Own data features from ideation to production.
• Work directly with platform and data engineers to build distributed data applications.
• Help guide and prioritize development of tooling to enhance our capabilities.
• Actively contribute to the adoption and development of architecture best practices and new technologies.
• Help train and empower sales engineers and other technologists using the data platform to gain real-time insights into customer application performance.
• Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our systems.
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. PhD strongly preferred.
• 3+ years demonstrated experience leading open-ended or research projects.
• Strong Python programming skill set.
• Experience developing metrics, algorithms, and machine learning models.
• Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders.
• Experience with distributed web services and REST API servers.
• Interest in owning data features from ideation to production.
HeadSpin built the world's largest distributed cloud of real devices that provides thousands of testing hours of user experience to customers daily. We build our infrastructure with custom hardware to improve the speed and cost of deployment, reliability, and data capture abilities of the iOS and Android devices. On this we run continual user experience tests that capture data as the user would see apps and streaming content in the local market. The data is processed with our AI benchmark to identify/quantify user experience issues (e.g. spinners, screen loads, quality drops) and root cause issues (e.g. network configuration, content slowness). The HeadSpin enterprise product is the backbone that supports this, as well as other functional and performance testing needs of dozens of the top companies in the world.
Our customers love our product but also have many requests for new functionality. Engineers are self-motivated and build many components rapidly in order to satisfy customer demand and reduce the load of manually testing the system. We love engineers that are passionate about mobile devices, data visualization, and developer tools!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.