Principal Back-End Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Singapore, Singapore
- $150k - $250k
- 0.8% - 2.0%
- Google BigQuery
- Ant Design
🚀 About the role
This is a senior role where you'll will be responsible for technical leadership at HeadsUp.
It's an opportunity to shape culture and influence the product at the ground floor of a greenfield opportunity in a huge market.
👷🏼♀️ What you'll do
- Spearhead Development: Lead development of our back-end services, data infrastructure, and ML pipeline. Our back-end needs to be scalable, robust, and secure to handle large amounts of event data and analytical processing on the modern data stack (Snowflake/BigQuery/Redshift, Airflow etc.).
- You'll need to design intuitive, durable, and extensible APIs that scale.
- You'll direct how data should be partitioned and how infrastructure should be set up, optimizing for security and latency.
- You'll design abstractions that empower others to ship quickly by having thoughtful and generalizable interface.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical oversight for engineering team. Tactically, this means taking a leadership role in engineering syncs, reviewing design documentation and pull requests, and more.
- Close Collaboration with Product: Work closely with the founders to deeply understand our buyer and user persona and determine our roadmap.
🔍 What we're looking for
- Experience building data-heavy back-end systems: Our back-end is currently built in Python with services in
Airflow. Over time, that will mature to include more robust and scalable systems, which you will decide and own. We work with data warehouses including
Redshiftas well as third-party event sources such as
- Ability to see around corners and design both thoughtfully and quickly: While years of experience don't always correlate with this, we think you'll likely have at least 6 years of experience.
- (Preferred) Startup experience: Our ideal candidate has completed 2+ year long tours at venture backed startups such as Airtable, Notion, and Figma. Specifically, we look for ability to move quickly, design for scale, and build with open-source software.
⭐ Our benefits
- Fully remote configuration, with periodic off-sites at 🏝️ exciting locations like Bali, London and Paris for the best of both worlds.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity (we're well funded and care about treating everyone well when it comes to stock compensation)
- Join a hungry and ambitious elite group working towards solving a large and meaningful problem that improves the lives of sales people and the users of SaaS products.
- Standard perks like Health insurance, flexible time off (at least 20 days / year recommended)
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume, GitHub (or sample sources of work), and a quick note on why you think this is the role for you.
We're hiring anywhere across the globe, and our current team is in the US and Singapore.
About HeadsUp INC.
HeadsUp enables product-led sales by providing visibility into user behaviors that sales reps care about. It tells them which customers to focus on, when to reach out, and the best playbook for any scenario.
We are a hungry, ambitious, and fun group working towards solving a large problem that improves the lives of sales people and the users of SaaS products. We are building a culture of trust, autonomy, and openness, and we emphasize having a growth mindset!
- Google BigQuery
- Ant Design
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.