- New York
- $120k - $140k
- 0.1% - 0.4%
- Push code, own architectural decisions for an engineering team deploying daily across consumer-facing, therapist-facing, and internal-facing platforms; back-end web services. Our back-end is python, our front-end is react.
- Work with our Head of Engineering to build an engineering team as it grows from three to ten over the next year.
- Work alongside the cofounders to help set the development roadmap and bring to market novel technology solutions to America’s mental health epidemic.
- Grow and learn by doing. You’ll contribute to any part of the business that interests you. Interested in product management? Great -- work with us to conduct user research and build out our roadmap. Want to learn about user acquisition? Awesome -- help implement our SEO strategy.
- Change the trajectory of a startup striving to redefine access to mental health in America.
- You’ve architected and coded back-end services (bonus points if in Python); you’ve shipped code within MVC framework, i.e. Flask (which we use) or Django.
- Ideally, you've also have Front-End chops (even more ideally, you've shipped code in React or another single-page JS framework).
- You've built things from the ground-up, and you work well with teams.
- (preferred) Experience as an engineering manager or engineering lead at an early stage startup
- (preferred) BS, MS in Computer Science or related field.
- (preferred) Experience in product, design, or other position complementary to software engineering.
- (preferred) Experience managing AWS infrastructure
Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes. After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.