- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Apache Spark
As a product engineer at Heap, you’ll build the products that make user behavior useful for everyone.
We have a unique approach to understanding user behavior: capture all the data. This allows people to use Heap who were previously shut out from using analytics at all, so one of the core challenges of the Heap product is building a general-purpose interface that's flexible for power users but still immediately accessible for the masses.
You’ll be on a multidisciplinary team that owns the full stack from the interface to the analytical query engine. You’ll work closely with product management, design, customers, and support engineers to decide how to build features.
Our front-end stack is TypeScript, React and MobX (read more about how we write code, and how we migrated off of Backbone), but your creativity and intelligence are much more important to us than knowledge of our tools.
What we're looking for
We’d particularly like to get to know you if:
- you communicate with clarity and precision. We care about this almost as much as your technical ability.
- you're passionate, even if it's not about analytics. There should be something you know more about than anyone on our team.
- you’ve written 10,000 lines of code that look embarrassing in retrospect. ... and you've written 10,000 lines of good code since then.
- you like fruit, sunshine, and bad jokes. We aren't robots.
What you’ll work on
- Building new core analysis features. In his second summer at Heap as an intern, Alex added a huge suite of features to all of our analysis modules.
- Building tools to help customers manage the vast amount of data Heap capture. Even if you’re non-technical, organizing data from your website is as easy as clicking around your site.
- Much more!
Our HQ is in SF, and we have an office in New York, but a large part of our engineering team is remote. For the product engineering team, we are open to remote engineers in North American timezones.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others.
Heap’s mission is to power business decisions with truth. We empower companies to focus on what matters — discovering insights and taking action — not building pipelines or tagging. With Heap, organizations of all sizes can remove technical bottlenecks and gain a single comprehensive view of their customers. Our software automatically collects, organizes, analyzes, and connects customer data, so businesses can create more valuable products and experiences.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.