- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- React Native
About the role
Think of the last Pull Request you merged at your previous job. Likely, it was code that ran in a small corner of your company's codebase, where its presence was appreciated but not noticed. At Hearth, your ideas and code will shape the direction of our product and how we build it from week one. You will have opportunities to work on high impact projects that span across many departments. You will own complete feature implementations, spearhead architectural choices, and learn from and with fellow engineers.
We are a close-knit team that gets things done while having fun doing so. Engineers are empowered to learn, solving open-ended problems and maximizing their own growth. We view the company as a conduit for employees to reach their highest potential in an environment that provides mutual benefit for both parties.
Here's what you'll do:
- Contribute to the codebase within your first week
- Craft and own the implementation of components and interactions with modern UI frameworks, leaving code better than you found it
- Collaborate cross-functionally and closely with other engineers to build and iterate on product features that best solve our users' problems
- Maintain and polish existing front-end systems to ensure high quality and scalability
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1-4 years of technical experience
- Experience developing and maintaining web applications with knowledge of how parts of the stack work together
- Strong opinions held loosely: you understand how to balance the tradeoffs between speed and craft
- Nuanced communication of your technical ideas: during disagreements or discussions you engage thoughtfully with your teammates
- A user-first approach and the ability to think about how a project fits into the larger product experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with any part of our tech stack: we use Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, and Typescript and are hosted on AWS
- Experience working with a UI design system (i.e. Material UI)
Here's what we value:
- Growth. Between hackathons, tech presentations, and weekly
Brain Gains,we encourage each member to keep up to date and learn about the latest technologies and how we can leverage them.
- Ownership. We give you the context and resources necessary to feel empowered in what you build.
- Empathy. We can't build the best product for our users unless we make time to understand their background and where they're coming from.
Hearth is a Fintech company helping home improvement contractors grow and manage their business. Our SaaS platform (www.gethearth.com) provides over 14,000 contractors the financial tools they need to close more business, including financing solutions, invoicing, payment collections, insurance products, all in one, modern system designed specifically for the home improvement industry.
Backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley, Hearth has raised over $50M and is one of the fastest growing companies in the home improvement space.
Our company values are:
Slope: We choose people that have a high learning potential. Employees solicit and give constructive feedback to better themselves and others.
Mutual Benefit: Not only do we want your skills to benefit the company, we'd like to equally benefit you on your journey. We allocate time for growth and want to see our employees leave Hearth in a dramatically better spot then when they arrived.
Truth: We hate the bureaucratic nature of larger companies and would rather be honest, open and empathetic with our co-workers. No posturing, just real growth.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.