- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- React Native
About the Role
Think of the last Pull Request you merged at your previous job. Likely, it was code that ran in a small corner of your company's codebase, where its presence was appreciated but not noticed. At Hearth, your ideas and code will have a tremendous impact on the direction of our product, from the very first week. You will have opportunities to work on high impact projects that span across many departments.
Reporting to an engineering Lead, you will mentor others, own complete feature implementations, and spearhead architectural decisions. We are a close-knit team that gets things done while having fun doing so. Engineers are encouraged to be autonomous, solving open-ended problems and maximizing their own growth. We view the company as a conduit for individuals to reach their highest potential in an environment that provides mutual benefit for both parties.
Here's what you'll do:
- Contribute to the codebase within your first week
- Ideate with other departments to better solve our customer's problems
- Build and own end-to-end solutions using a wide array of technologies
- Maintain existing systems to ensure high quality and scalability
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of technical experience
- Experience working with databases, cloud infrastructure, and backend MVC frameworks
- A passion for building scalable, DRY, and flexible solutions for a wide range of potential problems
- We use Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, Docker and are hosted on AWS. Experience in these technologies is encouraged, but not required.
Here's what we value:
- Growth. Between hackathons, tech presentations, and weekly
Brain Gains,we encourage each member to keep up to date and learn about the latest technologies and how we can leverage them.
- Ownership. You will have autonomy over how you decide to implement solutions to problems.
- Accountability. From setting your own deadlines to backing up your design decisions, we expect each engineer to follow through and be held to the highest standards.
Engineers work closely with every department in the organization -- from sales and customer success to product and marketing. Come join a team that has an incredible impact on the success of the company!
Hearth is a Fintech company helping home improvement contractors grow and manage their business. Our SaaS platform (www.gethearth.com) provides over 14,000 contractors the financial tools they need to close more business, including financing solutions, invoicing, payment collections, insurance products, all in one, modern system designed specifically for the home improvement industry.
Backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley, Hearth has raised over $50M and is one of the fastest growing companies in the home improvement space.
Our company values are:
Slope: We choose people that have a high learning potential. Employees solicit and give constructive feedback to better themselves and others.
Mutual Benefit: Not only do we want your skills to benefit the company, we'd like to equally benefit you on your journey. We allocate time for growth and want to see our employees leave Hearth in a dramatically better spot then when they arrived.
Truth: We hate the bureaucratic nature of larger companies and would rather be honest, open and empathetic with our co-workers. No posturing, just real growth.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.