Founding iOS Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- $100k - $175k
- 0.5% - 3.0%
About the role.
- Help shape technical infrastructure, best practices, and roadmap from the earliest of stages as a member of the founding team.
- Primary focus will be on developing, maintaining, and improving the entire mobile app experience for parents and kids.
- Report directly to the CEO. You will be given enough ownership to let you run full-speed ahead, and we will provide all the support needed.
- Opportunity to grow into a leadership/management role and set the long term vision for our engineering organization as team grows.
- Opportunity to expand role and skillset to assist in the gaming stack that serves as the basis for the interactive video player for parents, kids, and creators.
- The role is meant to be full time but it is possible to start on a more flexible contract, if desired.
- Baseline skills & experiences:
- 3+ years of experience developing and shipping iOS apps to the App Store.
- A strong grasp of Swift and modern iOS best practices.
- Ability to turn design resources (Figma, Sketch, etc) into living code.
- Experience with following is a plus (but not a dealbreaker!):
- Gaming platforms/frameworks like Unity
- Functional reactive programming frameworks like RxSwift and Combine
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, and product managers to define and design user experiences.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently while still seamlessly integrating with the rest of the team.
- Experience running App Store releases is a plus.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Documented interest in video software is a plus, and a passion for interactive video experiences aimed specifically at children is even better.
At Hellosaurus, we’re building the future of children’s media: an interactive video platform for ages 3-8 that engages kids as active participants rather than passive viewers.
Hellosaurus is an interactive video platform for kids filled with episodes they can actually play instead of just watch. Top kids media creators and YouTube stars are already making content for our platform and transforming screen time into an active and fun experience.
Experts in early childhood education have long stressed the importance of play for healthy cognitive and social development, and Hellosaurus supports this by empowering content creators to build enriching, interactive shows that engage engages kids as active participants rather than passive viewers.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.