- San Francisco
- $120k - $200k
- 0.01% - 0.05%
At HeyDoctor, our mission is to increase healthcare efficiency, affordability and accessibility. We’re reinventing how healthcare is accessed and provided with custom end-to-end solutions for patients and providers to connect online in real-time. Thousands of patients a month are using HeyDoctor’s mobile and web apps to get care from our expert doctors and medical team.
We’re reimagining how Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software should be built by taking inspiration from products we love like Slack, Intercom, and Asana and applying those learnings to healthcare. Using our technology doctors on our platform can treat patients over 10X faster than in brick and mortar offices or on video telemedicine, at high quality, and our patients love it.
We're looking to bring on a Senior Backend Engineer to lead the development of our backend platform and services. You’ll be in charge of designing and growing a robust and scalable platform for both our patients and clinical team. You’ll be working primarily on our API and accompanying services, which are generally written in Node.js and Typescript, backed by MySQL and Redis, and deployed to AWS.
Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle from the initial idea through prototyping and shipping the final product. We prefer an engaging and collaborative environment -- not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, you’ll also be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to HeyDoctor patients. Our work always starts in the same place: does this improve the patient’s experience and/or level up a doctor’s ability to provide world class care? It’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels comfortable to voice their thoughts and ideas. If this excites you, then come help us move the needle in American healthcare.
What You’ll Do
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services (and our patients).
- Focus on keeping our platform secure and compliant as we continue to grow
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of real product experience - you’ve shipped products used by thousands of users.
- Experience with our tech stack — Node.js, Typescript, SQL, Docker, AWS.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate (and obsessed) about creating intuitive, scalable products.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals - you may work closely with doctors and other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key.
- You take pride in your ability to understand a problem space before designing solutions and will surface technical and product limitations earlier rather than later.
- Familiarity with aspects of systems at scale - you can reason about OS, database, and distributed systems and are knowledgeable about the landscape of tools and technologies at your disposal.
- The shell-fu is strong - you're comfortable working on remote machines and can diagnose performance issues and hard to reproduce bugs using tools like strace/dtrace/perf, and are comfortable writing ad-hoc shell scripts to aid in the process.
- Experience with systems languages like C/C++/Go/Rust
- Experience with React/Redux, ES6, Webpack, Babel, and Jest (or similar tools).
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI, or other high security coding environments.
- Experience with automatic building/deployment services like Jenkins, Fastlane etc.
- Open source contributions.
At HeyDoctor, our mission is to increase healthcare efficiency, affordability and accessibility. In order to do this, we're building innovative software for both patients and providers to connect online in real-time.
For Patients: Today, thousands of patients a month are using HeyDoctor’s mobile and web apps to get care from our expert doctors and medical team at a fraction of the cost of traditional means. HeyDoctor patient's can complete online medical consultations, video chat with doctors, send messages and manage their medical profile on our web and native apps.
For Doctors: we’re reimagining the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), the software clinicians use to treat you in the doctor's office, for telemedicine. We've taken inspiration from some of our favorite products including Slack, Intercom, and Asana and applying those learnings to healthcare. Using our technology, doctors on our platform can treat patients over 10X faster than in brick and mortar offices or on video telemedicine, at high quality, and our patients love it.
In more recent news, HeyDoctor has recently been acquired by GoodRx (https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-26/goodrx-acquires-heydoctor-in-expansion-into-virtual-medicine) and we're continuing to build the HeyDoctor and GoodRx Care (https://www.goodrx.com/go/care) experience in our new San Francisco office. I'd love to tell you more and learn about what you're looking for. Let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to speaking with you! Please feel free to book a time: https://calendly.com/heydoctor-engineering/phone-screen.
We value resourceful engineers who want to tackle problems with a societal impact. Delivering affordable, efficient and high quality health care is a big problem and we are looking for engineers willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in with the rest of us. We have a collaborative atmosphere and encourage each individual to own their projects from the ideation to launch.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.