Senior Software Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- $125k - $175k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
- React Native
Engineers at Homevest take inputs from key stake holders on our various teams to drive product development. We build quick prototypes, justify features/performance with data, and build high quality applications for our customers, service providers, and internal team. Every engineer on our team has the chance to work on mission critical projects and grow quickly with the company.
What you'll do:
- Own significant features across our products from start to finish
- Collaborate with our Growth, Finance, Operations, and Real Estate teams to drive product development
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Write scalable, simple, readable, and well-tested code
We're looking for teammates who:
- Have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, or equivalent
- Are well respected by their peers
- Have broad understanding across the engineering stack
- Have advanced knowledge in at least one programming language and one part of the stack
- Have strong references from past colleagues
- Understand that great engineering is a means to create world class products for our customers - the customer always comes first
- Care more about getting to the truth than being right
- Are passionate about their craft
- Are kind, positive, and optimistic
- Love to proactively help/teach their teammates
- Learn quickly and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Homevest gives renters equity in their homes so they can build wealth while renting.
Why this matters:
Home ownership, which has historically been the best asset-class for building wealth, is growing more and more out of reach for most Americans. 33% of Americans are renting, and 25% of those that are renting spend over half of their income on rent. As a direct result, nearly 75% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings. These numbers are projected to only get worse for future generations, as student debt and the cost of living continue to balloon.
Homevest offers a way for renters to access the financial benefits of ownership while they pay rent, providing a new, accessible avenue for wealth creation. As the first program to give renters access to home price appreciation and cash flow on rental income, Homevest allows renters to access the financial benefits of ownership with the flexibility of renting.
We're a scrappy team that works hard because we're driven by our mission to create a world where the wealth building power of home ownership is accessible, flexible, and fair.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.