About the opportunity
We're seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to help us build a simpler, more customer-centric home buying and selling experience in partnership with real estate agents.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement new features on our product roadmap.
- Work with the team as we refine our overall platform strategy and architecture.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and integration of existing applications with our next-generation data platform.
- Balance writing code using best practices with the need for rapid development.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to understand business needs, and use those to drive technology decisions.
- Assess the tradeoffs between picking off-the-shelf software and building something in house, be able to clearly communicate the rationale behind that decision, and help drive execution of delivering on business needs with either approach.
- Work alongside the rest of the engineering team to help automate and optimize our workflows.
- Plan experiments that allow us to gauge the outcomes of the work we do - before writing code, hypothesizing what the outcome will be, make a plan to measure the results, and then assess and iterate on those results.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building durable, high-availability systems, optimizing for delivering the most value as quickly as possible.
- Experience using our stack or similar technologies (Python 3, Django, Celery, Postgres, React, Redux)
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS and IaaS offerings (most notably Heroku, AWS, and GCP).
- Working knowledge of version control and CI/CD tools.
- Experience working on a small, tight-knit, high-performing engineering team.
- A high bar when it comes to quality - knowing when to test, what to test, and how to test.
We’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We're a modern home finance company that partners with agents to help homebuyers overcome the limitations of traditional mortgages. This is homebuying the way it ought to be.
Homeward has 3 core values: - The Golden Rule (treat everyone the way you would want to be treated) - Calm Focus (be proactive and focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next) - One Team, One Dream (solving problems requires collaboration across all teams).
Based on these values, we hire people who are: good, kind, positive, and empathetic; focused thinkers who value deep-work time; collaborative and motivated to work cross functionally. Workday schedules are flexible, and meetings are not allowed during multiple deep-work blocks throughout the week. We’ve assembled quite the collection of “Homeweirdos”, and we all genuinely have fun working together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.