About the opportunity
We're seeking a Senior Front-end Engineer to help us build a simpler, more customer-centric home buying and selling experience in partnership with real estate agents.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will:
- Develop, design, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools in agile environment
- Write automated unit and integration tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies, specifically scrum and/or Kanban
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision
- Communicate and work effectively with distributed cross functional teams
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers - follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Work towards continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of non-internship professional front-end development experience
- Deep understanding of web development and best practices
- Strong organizational skills and discipline in both following and appropriately challenging conventions
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JS
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue (We use React + Redux, with Jest & Cypress for testing)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Scrappy determination and flexibility - from updating email and CMS templates to building complex web apps; you’re eager to learn and help the team succeed
- A build, test, learn mindset with a bias toward quick, calculated action and a focus on business outcomes
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Deep working knowledge of version control and CI/CD tools
- Possess a high bar when it comes to quality - knowing when to test, what to test, and how to test
We’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We're a modern home finance company that partners with agents to help homebuyers overcome the limitations of traditional mortgages. This is homebuying the way it ought to be.
Homeward has 3 core values: - The Golden Rule (treat everyone the way you would want to be treated) - Calm Focus (be proactive and focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next) - One Team, One Dream (solving problems requires collaboration across all teams).
Based on these values, we hire people who are: good, kind, positive, and empathetic; focused thinkers who value deep-work time; collaborative and motivated to work cross functionally. Workday schedules are flexible, and meetings are not allowed during multiple deep-work blocks throughout the week. We’ve assembled quite the collection of “Homeweirdos”, and we all genuinely have fun working together!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.