Lead Software Engineer, User Acquisition
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Montréal, QC, Canada
- Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Québec, QC, Canada
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Dallas, TX, United States
- Houston, TX, United States
- Colorado Springs, CO, United States
- Boston, MA, United States
- Austin, TX, United States
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Denver, CO, United States
- San Diego, CA, United States
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- San Jose, CA, United States
About the job:
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a team of software developers to innovate and solve challenging problems, impacting millions of users. You will develop and improve processes and mechanisms for operational excellence. The team is growing quickly, so you’ll also help with hiring, onboarding, and mentoring new developers.
- Lead architecture and implementation and scale for new and existing User Acquisition oriented data analysis systems and pipelines
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines to define an inspiring product vision focused on our customers
- Define and drive the technical direction for new and existing analytical data pipelines and reporting tools
- Work hands-on alongside a talented team of software engineers to rapidly deliver clean, fast, and scalable data analysis solutions, backed by a Scala based microservices infrastructure
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a culture promoting technical excellence
- Manage performance and development of a diverse team of engineers
- 3+ years experience leading a team or managing 4-8 cross functional engineers, including backend, web and full stack work
- Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing systems and APIs
- Demonstrated experience architecting secure, scalable, reliable systems to power ML/AI or other tracking, analysis and data pipelines, preferably in a Sales or Marketing context
- Successfully championed documentation, operational excellence, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability
- Managed technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality
About Hopper Inc
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper is a culture of makers. We build things.
At Hopper, our Leadership Principles underpin everything we do — who we hire, what we value in decision making, and how we determine career advancement. When designing our Leadership Principles, we drew inspiration from some of the world's most successful marketplaces, including Amazon.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.