Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack + Mobile
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Miami, FL, United States
- Boston, MA, United States
- Oregon City, OR, United States
- Montréal, QC, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Contribute both to maintenance and improvement of our microservices and ETL pipelines (Scala/Python) and to feature implementation in our mobile (iOS and/or Android) apps, as may be required
- Thoughtfully assist with the evolution and automation of our ops processes, participating in the on-call rotation for Growth owned services
- Help evolve our architecture to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team and the strategic direction of the product
- As a senior member of the team, mentor, support, and otherwise level up the more junior team members
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- 5+ years professional experience developing data heavy platforms or api, functional programming environment strongly preferred (Scala, Clojure, Haskell, F#, etc…)
- Thorough understanding of microservices architecture, and master of at least one server-side stack (preferably Scala based)
- Comfortable making deep contributions via at least one front-end mobile stack (Swift/Kotlin)
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
About Hopper Inc
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper is a culture of makers. We build things.
At Hopper, our Leadership Principles underpin everything we do — who we hire, what we value in decision making, and how we determine career advancement. When designing our Leadership Principles, we drew inspiration from some of the world's most successful marketplaces, including Amazon.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.