- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
HOVER is transforming the home improvement market and helping people visualize what’s possible with interactive 3D property models and we’re looking for skilled Ruby on Rails developers to join our San Francisco team! We’re working hard to enable homeowners, contractors, and insurance professionals all use HOVER to get fully measured, accurate, and interactive models of any property—in a matter of minutes, and with just a few snaps of a smartphone camera.
We are looking for a RoR Engineer who has good knowledge of the framework and hands-on experience developing web apps and backend services. We’re a small but growing group of engineers, so beyond the prerequisite technical ability, we’re looking for someone with exceptional initiative, curiosity, passion for learning, and a love for pushing the envelope while building high quality, scalable and extensible products.
Like all engineering roles at HOVER, this is a cross-functional role at its core which allows for multiple opportunities for mentorship, learning, and growth. You will join as a member of our backend engineering team and also work in coordination with other engineering teams (frontend, graphics, automation, mobile), and non-engineering teams (product, design) in an agile development environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will write clean, tested and documented code, and stay at the cutting edge of your discipline through communication, collaboration, and mentorship opportunities (including code reviews and occasional pair programming). Among other things, you will be building new features in our product, integrating image processing, 3D rendering and machine learning code, and optimizing it against one of the world’s biggest datasets of residential property imagery.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Current experience (1+ years) architecting and building reliable, scalable, maintainable Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with the usual suspects (rspec, git, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Comfortable on a bash shell and SQL console
- and problem-solving skills
NICE TO HAVE
- AWS ecosystem experience
- Docker (or other container technology)
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Geometry/Linear Algebra
Come join a small team that works hard, thinks big, and loves to celebrate our wins. We are backed by a team of investors who are committed to empowering our success, and we are excited to keep improving our product and growing our team. At HOVER, we believe there is real strength in diversity, and we're fostering an inclusive and diverse culture by hiring qualified, talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
At HOVER, we invest in our people and their success, which is why we offer great benefits to attract the best candidates from a diversity of backgrounds. When you join our team, you benefit from:
- Compensation: A competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company.
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Unlimited PTO: Unlimited and flexible vacation policy.
- Parental Leave: Generous parental leave so you can spend time with the newest members of your family.
- Transportation: Pre-tax commuter benefits and free parking at our SOMA office.
- Food: Fully stocked kitchen, weekly lunches, and an office located one block from Darwin Cafe.
- Office: Bike and pet-friendly SOMA office.
- Tools: MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever you work best with.
- Team: Diverse, talented, and passionate teammates who support one another and celebrate wins together.
We’re building the future of 3D property data with a platform that lets anyone generate accurate digital 3D buildings by simply taking a few photos with their smartphone. From home improvement to commercial property management and insurance, our goal is to change the way you see the world by building the world’s most comprehensive, accurate, and useful database of physical properties.
We’re looking for creative, passionate, and talented engineers to help us solve everyday problems with cutting edge technology. Our computer vision team has developed a novel approach to derive 3D data from smartphone photography, and we’re looking for world-class engineers to help us scale quickly. We’re based in SOMA, San Francisco and can’t wait to meet you.
Resourceful Transparent Humble Diverse
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.