- San Francisco, CA, United States
- You will be a senior product engineer focused on reinventing how insurance is built on a technological and product-focused level.
- Define and constantly improve the web architecture for our products.
- Iteratively develop, test, ship and maintain web products and internal tools.
- Database design, analysis, and tuning.
- You are truly a full-stack specialist equipped to debug performance bottlenecks anywhere on the stack and implement pixel-perfect CSS on the frontend.
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing web-based applications in an environment utilizing modern software engineering processes.
- As an automation aficionado, you are regularly using automated build and deployment tools while identifying areas of improvement across software delivery pipelines enabling continuously deployed fault-tolerant versions of multiple dependent applications.
- Sense of ownership and ability to drive issues and new ideas through clearly defined proposals.
- Understanding of trade-offs in database and infrastructure design choices.
- Strong commitment to quality designs, automated testing, and documentation.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Day to Day
- Develop and maintain our proprietary underwriting and claims decision and aggregation engine.
- Continually refine our deployment process. We are currently utilizing a myriad of Docker containers on AWS.
- Make development decisions with a product focus. We don’t develop in a vacuum.
- How we build is equally as important as what we build. User experience also applies to how we organize code.
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from our data enriched onboarding flow to using machine learning to expedite and verify the underwriting process. We built Huckleberry with the belief that costs can be lowered, risk better analyzed and customer experience dramatically improved by building our company on a foundation of code.
We are a multifaceted team that thrives on optimistically embracing the complex and unknown. We built Huckleberry around the premise of a no-compromise consumer-first experience. This has led us to a culture where we question precedence, indulge in providing impact, and embrace horizontal collaboration.
We have been fortunate enough to have been laser-focused on building the core consumer experience, but now it’s time to expand upon the ‘design of design’ and build code and processes that scale well. We have some lofty ambitions for our 2020 roadmap and we need great people like yourself to help us realize our vision.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.