Machine Learning Engineer
- London, ENG, United Kingdom
- $80k - $110k
- 0.2% - 1.0%
We're reimagining how humans and AI work together. Going from where we are to where we need to be will involve solving many interesting research problems as well as productionising the state-of-the-art in ML.
As a Machine Learning engineer, you will play a key role in solving these research problems and helping to write high quality ML software.
About the role
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Humanloop, you will be part of a great team pushing the boundaries of NLP and interactive Machine Learning.
- You will work with others in the team to continuously incorporate new research into our product and help to deploy it to our cloud infrastructure.
- You will work to understand customer needs and think creatively about how we can use novel ML techniques to improve customer experience
- You will own and push forward your projects during the whole research cycle, writing code, running experiments, evaluating results and drawing conclusions.
- You will work with the engineering team to optimise our deployments
- you will take part in our team-wide reading groups and present your work to the team and on our blog.
We believe that talented people come from all sorts of backgrounds so we don't look for specific qualifications. You must be able to demonstrate that you have a good understanding of ML and NLP fundamentals and that:
- You have experience developing machine learning models using PyTorch, TensorFlow or a similar auto-diff framework (ideally in a commercial environment)
- You can read a research paper or mathematical description of an algorithm/model and translate that paper into high quality code
- You enjoy contributing to research projects or open source
- You've worked on research that has (or could have) led to publications at academic conferences
- You're excited about NLP, AI and our mission.
- You're passionate about learning. You care deeply about broadening your horizons and developing yourself
What you'll get from us
- Meaningful and interesting work
- Competitive salary and share options
- Flexibility and control over how you work
- The excitement and freedom of an early stage VC-backed startup
- A £1000 book/conference allowance to invest in your learning
- Regular company retreats to exciting locations
We were founded right as the world went into the Covid-19 lockdown and were birthed as a remote first company. We see many benefits to being remote and plan to be that way for the foreseeable future. We also believe that building strong culture and innovating require trust and facetime, so we want to be able to meet in person at least once a month.
As a result we will be fully remote for at least the next year but you must have the ability to travel to London at least once a month for a day or two.
How to apply?
send us an email at email@example.com with the job title in the subject and your CV. We want to get to know you so also tell about yourself, why you want to join the team and your passions and interests.
Humanloop makes it easy for software team to rapidly build high quality datasets, train and deploy NLP models. We use techniques like active learning and weak labelling to help these teams improve their models by improving their datasets
We're a small team and take high ownership and pride in our work. We look for people who are ambitious but with a growth mindset. Then support each other to achieve our ambitions.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.