- $100k - $140k
- 0.07% - 0.10%
- Ruby on Rails
What We Do
Hackers are constantly evolving, exploiting new vulnerabilities and targeting small businesses. They are often able to operate unimpeded and undetected in those environments—until they meet Huntress.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools. Founded by former NSA Cyber Operators—and backed by a team of ThreatOps researchers—we help our partners protect their customers and take the fight directly to hackers.
When working at Huntress, you’ll join a team of experts committed to transparency, honesty, and going above and beyond to do the right thing. It’s an exciting time for our company as we continue expanding our platform and preparing for new growth and success.
About the Role
Huntress is looking for an experienced engineer with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our Sustaining Engineering team. As a sustaining engineer, you play a critical role in bridging the gap between our Customer Support and Engineering teams by helping to resolve reported issues. This includes debugging, determining root cause, and either fixing the issue directly or providing thorough documentation for further action by the Customer Support or Engineering teams.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and prioritize queue of Sustaining Engineering issues
- Triage issues to establish reproducibility and assign to proper team for resolution
- Interact with Huntress team members and customers to resolve issues
- Debug and diagnose the root cause of technical issues
- Develop bug fixes and participate in the SDLC
- Participate in developing features for integrating the portal with other business applications
- Document findings and proactively communicate with key stakeholders
- Suggest and implement improvements to Support workflows
- 2+ years of experience in a sustaining engineering role
- 3+ years developing Ruby on Rails applications and related web technologies
- AWS or other cloud related experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational database technologies
- Experience with kanban and other agile methodologies and practices
- Familiarity with Go, Windows, and OS X
- Strong working knowledge of Linux system administration
- Experience with CI/CD and Circle CI/Git based deployment pipelines
- Self-motivated with solid organizational skills
- Excellent debugging skills
- Enjoy solving problems
- Friendly and able to communicate clearly and concisely
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent OR relevant professional training and/or experience
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits and health coverage
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and time off to volunteer
- 10% time allocation for open source contributions
- Paid leave for new parents
- We invest in your future with a 401(k) contribution equal to 5% of your salary, even if you don't
- Stipend to upgrade your home office and equipment
- Partial reimbursement for your cellular plan
About Huntress Labs
Huntress is a security company building a Managed Security platform to help small and midsize businesses improve their security with tools that better fit their needs, workflows, and budgets. We capture data from our customers endpoints looking for attacker footholds or any other security issues their other tools may have missed. We then process this data to find known-good applications and sift through the remaining applications to answer the question
does this belong here? rather than
is this malicious?. Our custom algorithms (no neural-nets here) are designed to trigger on unique indicators that allow us to differentiate between legitimate and suspicious/malicious applications. When we find something malicious, we send an alert to our customer with detailed step-by-step remediation playbooks and give our customers the ability to approve the remediations before we automatically execute them on the endpoint.
We value transparency and fairness. This extends to our customers where we clearly explain why we've made business decisions, what our product does, and how we do it without misrepresenting the facts. We form partnerships with our customers rather than simply monetary transactions and it shows in the feedback and reviews we receive.
As an early-stage startup (is 4.5 years still considered early?) we're scrappy when we need to be. Whether it's doing things that don't scale (putting in extra effort to help a customer devastated by ransomware) or staying in a 3 bedroom time-share for a week rather than at the conference hotel for 10x the cost, we find ways to make a big impact without breaking the budget. We believe that keeping the customers best interests in mind we can continue to build trust and respect with our customers, which allows the product and company to speak for itself.
Even though most of our employees work remotely, we have a very collaborative culture which helps to offset any feelings of isolation. We are a remote-first culture and routinely jump on video calls to work together to discuss features, code review, pair program, or when we have something we want to show off.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.