Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- $100k - $130k
- 0.07% - 0.09%
- Ruby on Rails
QA Automation Engineer
What We Do:
Hackers are constantly evolving, exploiting new vulnerabilities and targeting small businesses. They are often able to operate unimpeded and undetected in those environments—until they meet Huntress.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools. Founded by former NSA Cyber Operators—and backed by a team of ThreatOps researchers—we help our partners protect their customers and take the fight directly to hackers.
When working at Huntress, you’ll join a team of experts committed to transparency, honesty, and going above and beyond to do the right thing. It’s an exciting time for our company as we continue expanding our platform and preparing for new growth and success.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about product quality? Do you have an eye for details and enjoy validating that software behaves as designed? The Huntress team is looking for an experienced engineer to join our Quality Assurance team. Our product roadmap is loaded with new and exciting features and we need a team member to help ensure we build them with excellence! Come be part of a uniquely talented team and help us take our product to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically
- Design, implement, and maintain automated test suites and test environment
- Analyze product, system and feature designs for flaws and improvements
- Increase our automated test coverage and improve our release quality and velocity
- Write and maintain documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, system functionality, and use cases
- Validate and verify the integration of platform systems, services, data and applications
- Write clear and detailed bug reports when things break, and work with the team to identify and validate fixes
- Plan, design, build and maintain existing tools, frameworks and related solutions.
- 5+ years experience developing software professionally
- Demonstrated ability to take high level requirements, decompose them into discrete use-cases and write test plans and tests to validate functionality
- Good programming skills in Ruby, Go, and/or Python
- Experience with AWS or other cloud hosting provider
- Experience with testing tools like RSpec, Capybara/Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for product quality
- Able to troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose system problems
- Strong intuition that drives priorities and guides development activities
- Able to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent OR relevant professional training and/or experience
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits and health coverage
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and time off to volunteer
- 10% time allocation for open source contributions
- Paid leave for new parents
- We invest in your future with a 401(k) contribution equal to 5% of your salary, even if you don't
- Stipend to upgrade your home office and equipment
- Partial reimbursement for your cellular plan
About Huntress Labs
Huntress is a security company building a Managed Security platform to help small and midsize businesses improve their security with tools that better fit their needs, workflows, and budgets. We capture data from our customers endpoints looking for attacker footholds or any other security issues their other tools may have missed. We then process this data to find known-good applications and sift through the remaining applications to answer the question
does this belong here? rather than
is this malicious?. Our custom algorithms (no neural-nets here) are designed to trigger on unique indicators that allow us to differentiate between legitimate and suspicious/malicious applications. When we find something malicious, we send an alert to our customer with detailed step-by-step remediation playbooks and give our customers the ability to approve the remediations before we automatically execute them on the endpoint.
We value transparency and fairness. This extends to our customers where we clearly explain why we've made business decisions, what our product does, and how we do it without misrepresenting the facts. We form partnerships with our customers rather than simply monetary transactions and it shows in the feedback and reviews we receive.
As an early-stage startup (is 4.5 years still considered early?) we're scrappy when we need to be. Whether it's doing things that don't scale (putting in extra effort to help a customer devastated by ransomware) or staying in a 3 bedroom time-share for a week rather than at the conference hotel for 10x the cost, we find ways to make a big impact without breaking the budget. We believe that keeping the customers best interests in mind we can continue to build trust and respect with our customers, which allows the product and company to speak for itself.
Even though most of our employees work remotely, we have a very collaborative culture which helps to offset any feelings of isolation. We are a remote-first culture and routinely jump on video calls to work together to discuss features, code review, pair program, or when we have something we want to show off.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.