- Ruby on Rails
Site Reliability Engineer(SRE)/Devops
Hackers are constantly evolving, exploiting new vulnerabilities and targeting small businesses. They are often able to operate unimpeded and undetected in those environments—until they meet Huntress.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools. Founded by former NSA Cyber Operators—and backed by a team of ThreatOps researchers—we help our partners protect their customers and take the fight directly to hackers.
When working at Huntress, you’ll join a team of experts committed to transparency, honesty, and going above and beyond to do the right thing. It’s an exciting time for our company as we continue expanding our platform and preparing for new growth and success.
About the Role:
The Huntress team is looking for a creative and motivated SRE/Devops Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. As an SRE Engineer at Huntress, you will be responsible for proactively building, monitoring and implementing services that support the Huntress Security Platform that provides for automated detection and human-powered threat hunting that serves the MSP/MSSP and Reseller markets. The Huntress Security Platform consists of the Huntress Portal and over 500,000 endpoint agents. You will focus on enabling developer velocity and continuous delivery, as well as software automation and reliability. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and operate our AWS Cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of services with effective monitoring and resilient operations
- Build automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- Develop tools and framework to automate operational tasks, deployment of machines, services, applications for both the Portal as well as the Endpoint Agents
- Build continuous integration, continuous delivery pipeline (CI/CD)
- Create branching and deployment strategies that enable CI/CD pipelines and process automation
- Support the product development team to design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, cost, and performance
- Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of the application
- Direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Advanced level experience as a DevOps/SRE engineer and awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience with AWS Cloud Environments
- Excellent understanding of Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- High proficiency in scripting – Shell scripts, Python or Go preferred
- Experience with automation using Terraform
- High proficiency with repository branch management and software deployment best practices
- Proficiency with CI/CD using Circle CI and Configuration Management using Git, GitHub and GitFlow
- Configuration and managing databases such as Postgres on RDS and S3
- Experience with ElastiCache for Redis
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions, take action and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- Passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level
- Detail oriented and comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits and health coverage
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and time off to volunteer
- 10% time allocation for open source contributions
- Paid leave for new parents
- We invest in your future with a 401(k) contribution equal to 5% of your salary, even if you don't
- Stipend to upgrade your home office and equipment
- Partial reimbursement for your cellular plan
About Huntress Labs
Huntress is a security company building a Managed Security platform to help small and midsize businesses improve their security with tools that better fit their needs, workflows, and budgets. We capture data from our customers endpoints looking for attacker footholds or any other security issues their other tools may have missed. We then process this data to find known-good applications and sift through the remaining applications to answer the question
does this belong here? rather than
is this malicious?. Our custom algorithms (no neural-nets here) are designed to trigger on unique indicators that allow us to differentiate between legitimate and suspicious/malicious applications. When we find something malicious, we send an alert to our customer with detailed step-by-step remediation playbooks and give our customers the ability to approve the remediations before we automatically execute them on the endpoint.
We value transparency and fairness. This extends to our customers where we clearly explain why we've made business decisions, what our product does, and how we do it without misrepresenting the facts. We form partnerships with our customers rather than simply monetary transactions and it shows in the feedback and reviews we receive.
As an early-stage startup (is 4.5 years still considered early?) we're scrappy when we need to be. Whether it's doing things that don't scale (putting in extra effort to help a customer devastated by ransomware) or staying in a 3 bedroom time-share for a week rather than at the conference hotel for 10x the cost, we find ways to make a big impact without breaking the budget. We believe that keeping the customers best interests in mind we can continue to build trust and respect with our customers, which allows the product and company to speak for itself.
Even though most of our employees work remotely, we have a very collaborative culture which helps to offset any feelings of isolation. We are a remote-first culture and routinely jump on video calls to work together to discuss features, code review, pair program, or when we have something we want to show off.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.