- $150k - $180k
- 0.100% - 0.125%
- Ruby on Rails
Are you a full-stack engineer that enjoys crafting beautiful code while solving challenging problems? The Huntress team is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails engineer. Our product roadmap is loaded with new and exciting features ready to be built. Come be part of a uniquely talented team and help us take our product to the next level!
- Lead the development of non-trivial features and implementation tasks
- Mentor junior engineers to help them level-up their skills
- Provide accurate estimates and take ownership over timely completion of work
- Actively engage with the team and lead by being a positive role model
- Develop high quality software and set standards for team excellence
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent OR relevant professional training and/or experience
- 7+ years experience developing software professionally
- Demonstrated ability to take high level requirements, decompose them into actionable work units, and lead the entire SDLC
- Strong intuition that drives priorities and guides development activities
- Able to communicate highly technical concepts clearly and concisely
About Huntress Labs
Huntress is a security company building a Managed Security platform to help small and midsize businesses improve their security with tools that better fit their needs, workflows, and budgets. We capture data from our customers endpoints looking for attacker footholds or any other security issues their other tools may have missed. We then process this data to find known-good applications and sift through the remaining applications to answer the question
does this belong here? rather than
is this malicious?. Our custom algorithms (no neural-nets here) are designed to trigger on unique indicators that allow us to differentiate between legitimate and suspicious/malicious applications. When we find something malicious, we send an alert to our customer with detailed step-by-step remediation playbooks and give our customers the ability to approve the remediations before we automatically execute them on the endpoint.
We value transparency and fairness. This extends to our customers where we clearly explain why we've made business decisions, what our product does, and how we do it without misrepresenting the facts. We form partnerships with our customers rather than simply monetary transactions and it shows in the feedback and reviews we receive.
As an early-stage startup (is 4.5 years still considered early?) we're scrappy when we need to be. Whether it's doing things that don't scale (putting in extra effort to help a customer devastated by ransomware) or staying in a 3 bedroom time-share for a week rather than at the conference hotel for 10x the cost, we find ways to make a big impact without breaking the budget. We believe that keeping the customers best interests in mind we can continue to build trust and respect with our customers, which allows the product and company to speak for itself.
Even though most of our employees work remotely, we have a very collaborative culture which helps to offset any feelings of isolation. We are a remote-first culture and routinely jump on video calls to work together to discuss features, code review, pair program, or when we have something we want to show off.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.