Staff Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Austin, TX, United States
Staff Software Engineer - SMB Platform (Remote)
You are the owner!! You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining back-end platform products that are used by thousands of users daily. At the same time, you will be mentoring less experienced developers, applying engineering best practices, and helping to create a culture of software quality and operational excellence through the organization.
You will work with Product Managers (PM), Data Scientists (DS), Software Engineers (SWE), Quality Assurance (QA), and other stakeholders. You won’t just take requests - you will help to define the product and technical roadmaps and to provide input into the business strategy.
We're looking for someone who
- Is passionate about software quality, improving the design/development process, and building highly available systems
- Is passionate about building impactful products that scale to tens of millions of transactions a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers skilled developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the needs of job seekers worldwide.
- Design, develop, and maintain APIs that manage scheduling, appointments, interviews, and interactions
- Design and implement efficient algorithms for facilitating interviews and communication
- Extract, cluster or classify high-quality features from unstructured data
- Continually improve API quality and performance
- Code innovative tools to support rapid experimentation and learning
Who You Are
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- 7+ years of software development experience with programming languages such as Java, C#/C++, Kotlin, Python or Go.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
- Experience in building complex, highly scalable software systems.
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
No office. No problem. As long as you're passionate about helping people get jobs, we want you to be where you're most comfortable. From care packages to wellness classes, there's many opportunities to connect and find a home in Indeed's inclusive culture no matter where you are. Help us achieve our mission from your home and make a difference in people's lives, one job seeker at a time.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Indeed is the #1 job site in the world* with over 250 million unique visitors** every month. Indeed strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities.
*comScore Total Visits, March 2021
**Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, February 2020
Founded by Paul Forster and Rony Kahan, Indeed is a subsidiary of Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. Indeed has offices in Austin, Stamford, New York, San Mateo, Seattle, Scottsdale and San Francisco in the US, as well as offices in Bangalore, Dublin, London, Düsseldorf, Amsterdam, Toronto, Tokyo, Sydney, Hyderabad, Paris, São Paulo and Singapore.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.