Lead Data Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $155k - $195k
- 0.01% - 0.25%
- Ruby on Rails
Informed, Inc. is a well-funded Series A start-up in San Francisco helping banks automate loan funding and account opening by turning documents into decisions. Informed’s software-as-a-service enables banks to reduce manual costs, catch fraud, and accelerate their digital transformation initiatives using machine learning and robotic process automation to automate income verification, identity verification, residence verification, and insurance verification.
- Ruby on Rails
- Dig into documents and data belonging to millions of consumer loan applicants. Capture data and structure it in schemas that are easily query-able so that banks have a better understanding of their borrowers.
- Build ETL pipelines that enable for regular reporting on SLAs as well as deep analytical research into the contents of loan jackets.
- Develop SQL queries and tables. Define the data warehousing strategy.
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business and customer priorities.
- Triage data pipeline issues and drive their resolution. Implement and operate our cloud-based data infrastructure.
- Work with Engineering leadership to make decisions on building vs buying components of the data warehousing and analytics solution.
- Maintain and improve data security practices to protect and destroy NPPI/PII.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a product manager, data scientist, or similar role in Series B or later start-ups.
- 5+ years experience working with data warehouses, developing customized ETLs, schema design, and writing SQL queries.
- Fluency in data analysis and communication, including defining a metrics strategy, conducting exploratory data analysis, and crafting data-driven reports and visualizations.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical or analytical field.
- Advanced knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL, and familiarity with at least one object oriented language.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, self-motivate, and own projects end-to-end.
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear documentation.
- An inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and architect solutions.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Daily lunch catered to our sunny office in SOMA (across from Caltrain!)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision partially paid by company
- Two weeks of paid time-off in addition to seven paid company holidays
About Informed Inc.
Informed.IQ (https://informed.iq) helps banks accelerate their digital transformation with turn-key robotic process automation capable of performing real-time income verification, identity verification, residence verification, and insurance verification tasks. Banks use Informed to reduce their manual costs associated with reviewing documents, catch fraud, and cut down on errors when originating loans and opening accounts.
Informed.IQ processes 4% of the auto loans originated in the United States and works with 4 of the Top 10 auto lenders in the country. Come help us continue to grow in Auto and expand into Mortgage, Student Lending, and beyond!
We're family. We deeply value collaboration, yet promote bias towards individual action. We all work hard and are vested in each others success. We trust each other and look for individuals who want to take ownership and are great communicators.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.