Senior Software Engineer - DevSecOps
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $140k - $170k
- 0.01% - 0.25%
- Ruby on Rails
Informed, Inc. is a well-funded Series A start-up in San Francisco helping auto lenders automate their loan originations using technology. Informed’s software-as-a-service products help auto lenders increase top line revenue by collecting and verifying documents to fund loans and decisioning applicants across vehicles they otherwise would not know they qualify to finance.
- Design, automate, and optimize the deployment, management, monitoring, and evolution of our infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Heroku), with a passion for process automation and operational excellence.
- Ensure that both production systems and internal IT processes adhere to security best practices and company security policies, proactively identifying vulnerabilities in our system and creating plans to address them
- Ensure business and service continuity through timely response to incidents, events, and problems and own disaster recovery
- Lead investigation of production outages, leveraging skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, system anomalies, and performing root cause analysis of issues as they come up
- Tackle problems both at large and small scale, with constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code.
- Provision and maintain infrastructure to ensure our services scale.
- Propose architectural changes that are scalable and supported by the team.
- Identify, assess, and integrate outside services that make us more efficient.
- 5+ years of software development experience with an emphasis in DevOps or DevSecOps in Series B or later start-ups.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or extensive experience in an Ops or SRE role.
- Experience working in a high compliance environment such as PCI, HIPAA, or SOC2
- Experience with DNS, SSL, firewalls, and administering Linux-based environments.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, system testing, security best practices, performance, and disaster recovery
- Experience managing services in AWS using Lambda and Elastic Beanstalk, and managing EC2 instances
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, self-motivate, and own projects end-to-end
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical capabilities and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear code and documentation
- Desirable but not required skills:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails, Python, or another interpreted language.
- Experience building and running RESTful web services on AWS or other cloud platform
- Expertise with distributed caches and relational databases (Memcache, Redis, Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience migrating cloud infrastructure from Heroku to AWS
About Informed Inc.
Informed (https://informed.iq) helps banks accelerate their digital transformation with turn-key robotic process automation capable of performing real-time income verification, identity verification, residence verification, and insurance verification tasks. Banks use Informed to reduce their manual costs associated with reviewing documents, catch fraud, and cut down on errors when originating loans and opening accounts.
Informed processes 4% of the auto loans originated in the United States and works with 4 of the Top 10 auto lenders in the country. Come help us continue to grow in Auto and expand into Mortgage, Student Lending, and beyond!
We're family. We deeply value collaboration, yet promote bias towards individual action. We all work hard and are vested in each others success. We trust each other and look for individuals who want to take ownership and are great communicators.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.