Software Engineer - Backend
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $115k - $155k
- 0.05% - 0.15%
- Ruby on Rails
Informed, Inc. is a well-funded Series A start-up in San Francisco helping banks automate loan funding and account opening by turning documents into decisions. Informed’s software-as-a-service enables banks to reduce manual costs, catch fraud, and accelerate their digital transformation initiatives using machine learning and robotic process automation to automate income verification, identity verification, residence verification, and insurance verification.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code using Python and Ruby to automate how $2.3 trillion in mortgages and auto loans get originated each year.
- Propose architectural changes that are scalable and supported by your team.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure quality and distribute knowledge.
- Identify and work with stakeholders to handle edge cases.
- Triage bugs and conduct root cause analysis on issues as they come up.
- Identify, assess, and integrate outside services that make us more efficient.
- 1+ years of software development experience in Series B or later start-ups.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or extensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Python or Ruby on Rails
- Experience building and running RESTful web services on the AWS platform
- Expertise with distributed caches and relational databases
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, self-motivate, and own projects end-to-end
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Daily lunch catered to our sunny office in SOMA (across from Caltrain!)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision partially paid by company
- Two weeks of paid time-off in addition to seven paid company holidays
About Informed Inc.
Informed (https://informed.iq) helps banks accelerate their digital transformation with turn-key robotic process automation capable of performing real-time income verification, identity verification, residence verification, and insurance verification tasks. Banks use Informed to reduce their manual costs associated with reviewing documents, catch fraud, and cut down on errors when originating loans and opening accounts.
Informed processes 4% of the auto loans originated in the United States and works with 4 of the Top 10 auto lenders in the country. Come help us continue to grow in Auto and expand into Mortgage, Student Lending, and beyond!
We're family. We deeply value collaboration, yet promote bias towards individual action. We all work hard and are vested in each others success. We trust each other and look for individuals who want to take ownership and are great communicators.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.