- Google Cloud Platform
Initialized Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm with over $770M under management, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer. This role reports to the Head of Product and will focus on the web and mobile web experience for the software that powers Initialized’s investing, portfolio management, and marketing processes. They will oversee remote engineers, leading technical discussions, driving technical decisions and providing best practice guidance. Collaborating closely with product and design, this role will architect, build and implement solutions that drive how we work.
Note: This role is remote (within the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico) or work out of the SanFrancisco or NYC Initialized offices.
- Manage all technical aspects of Initialized investing, portfolio management, and marketing support software.
- Lead a small team of remote engineers to design/implement key technical projects.
- Collaborate with product, design, and stakeholders to iterate and continually improve our software.
- Write efficient, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented.
- Have a focus on quality, and operate iteratively to get from good to better.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-moving team.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Full-Stack product development.
- Familiar with modern web development practices, with direct experience in React.js, Ruby, and cloud-based architectures.
- A good understanding of business needs and the ability to reconcile tech debt, feature scope, and business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Integrity, judgement, discretion, credibility, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
About Initialized Capital
We’re founders and builders here to help others create and scale transformative companies. We built the team that we wish we had in our corner when we founded our first companies.
Venture is an antiquated industry, so we’re using software to scale the un-scaleable parts of our business in order to better help our founders and make best use of our all-star team’s time.
Our partners — leveled up through software — are a hive mind to serve founders, who in turn help us see the future.
We've helped more founders build startups at the earliest possible stage than most anyone you'll meet, and that means we can help startups avoid the 1,000 landmines that can cause certain failure. A lot of great investors, advisors, founders, and friends have helped us along the way.
We focus on investing in high-potential software startups at seed stage and earlier, with small teams that include great engineers, designers and product founders. Many companies come to us when they are just two or four people, and we help them get from there to their Series A or B rounds and beyond.
Our team works together very closely on everything we do – from investing to advising portfolio companies to developing new program ideas. Many of us have different backgrounds, communication preferences, and work styles. Our processes are built to encourage each person to express their unique perspective and for the group to drive to a decision (but not necessarily to consensus).
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.