- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Apache Spark
Intellimize is redefining how people think about personalization and optimization. The company was founded in 2016 by an experienced ad tech marketer and two experienced machine learning experts who had previously worked at Yahoo, Twitter, and BrightRoll. We’re backed by leading early-stage investors including Amplify Partners, Homebrew, and Precursor Ventures. Intellimize intelligently optimizes websites for revenue driven leaders. Our machine learning automatically personalizes the buyer’s path to drive more web conversions. On average, our customers achieve 46% lift. We work with great companies like Drift, Looker, Unilever, Sumo Logic, Tableau, Emburse, and many more.
We believe everything we do flows from two things: making our customers wildly successful and having this be the best professional experience of our lives. This company is based on our customers achieving their goals, getting promoted, and getting up on stage saying great things about our work together.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the team has been working fully remotely. While we plan to move back into a San Mateo office once it is safe to do so, the engineering team will continue to embrace a remote-first culture and workflow. We welcome candidates from anywhere in the US or Canada. Our core working hours are centered around the Pacific time zone.
About this role
Our product and engineering teams are growing rapidly. In order to continue to provide the greatest possible value to our customers while continuing this growth, we are forming a new Site Reliability Engineering function. This is an exciting opportunity to help establish and shape the direction of a brand new team.
The core responsibilities of this team and position are:
- Ownership of system status and uptime
- Ownership of our AWS process, including provisioning accounts, managing our multi-region deployment, cost optimization, and network security
- Coordinating our on-call and postmortem efforts (you’ll share the pager with our SWE teams; we don’t “throw things over the fence”)
- Architecting, building, and maintaining systems that help us build rapidly and safely: CI/CD, auto-scaling, etc.
- Keeping our software and its dependencies up to date and secure
- Several years (preferably 7+) of experience in a site reliability engineering or similar role
- Extremely conscientious
- Experience with one or more major cloud providers
- Experience working on web-facing services
- Experience with network diagnostic tools
- You write clean, well organized code (this is an engineering role, not “just” system administration)
- You’re a multiplier: your instinct is to make everyone around you more productive
- You want to work in a startup atmosphere: you adapt quickly, iterate fast, and you communicate clearly, directly, and frequently
We’d also love it if you have experience with any of the following:
- Multi-region cloud deployments
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Machine learning serving architectures
- Infrastructure provisioning and configuration tools
- You get to help define what site reliability engineering means at a rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to work closely with other engineering teams and engineering leadership
- Many opportunities to build, not just maintain
- Our on-call burden is light — help us keep it that way!
- You’ll be expected to have a big impact; your growth opportunities will be correspondingly large
- You get to work with an experienced, positive team and help shape the DNA of the company
- You’ll get competitive salary, equity, and benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
Intellimize intelligently optimizes each buyer’s path to drive more revenue, more customers, and more leads from websites. Our unique machine learning based solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization.
We move fast. We are data-driven. We get things done. We believe in the philosophy of “customers as true north”. We believe in the importance of work/life balance to do your very best work. We love hanging out and geeking out with each other.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.