Senior Back end / Machine Learning Engineer
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Apache Spark
Senior Back-end / Machine Learning Engineer
Intellimize optimizes websites to generate more revenue. We use machine learning to automatically optimize each buyer’s path to drive more web conversions.
Our unique solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization. These methods are too slow, require daily attention, and don’t automatically adapt to changes in behavior over time.
The company was founded in 2016 by an experienced ad tech marketer and two experienced machine learning experts who had previously worked at Yahoo, Twitter, and BrightRoll. Intellimize is headquartered in San Mateo, CA and backed by leading early-stage investors including Amplify Partners, Homebrew, and Precursor Ventures.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the team has been working fully remotely. While we plan to move back into a San Mateo office once it is safe to do so, the engineering team will continue to embrace a remote-first culture and workflow.
A few more things about us
- We are entrepreneurs with deep experience in paid digital media and personalization.
- Our team has experience building massive-scale personalized recommendation systems and machine learning infrastructure at Yahoo, Google, and Quora.
- We move fast. We are data-driven. We get things done.
- Our customers are true north.
- We believe in the importance of work/life balance to do your very best work.
- You have a degree in CS, math, or another highly quantitative field, or you have equivalent experience
- You understand theory, and you’re also a builder
- You’re a multiplier: your instinct is to make everyone around you more productive
- You’re great at self teaching and teaching others
- You want to work in a startup atmosphere: you adapt quickly, iterate fast, and you communicate clearly, directly, and frequently
- You’re prefer a “light touch” (but not hands off) approach to project management
- You have 5+ years of experience in back-end software engineering and/or machine learning (or you have fewer years of experience and are really, really good)
- You have excellent skills with a general purpose programming language such as Java or C++ (including object oriented design and concurrency)
- You have experience with scripting in a language such as Python
- You’ve built and maintained service oriented architectures or microservices
- You either have experience with machine learning or are excited to learn about it; we implement ideas from research papers, and working on some of our core systems requires ML knowledge
- You have experience with relational and non-relational databases
- You have experience with web-facing services
We’d also love it if you have experience with any of the following:
- REST APIs
- Data engineering
- Low latency services
- System architecture (working across and defining system boundaries)
- Machine learning at scale
- Web security
We welcome candidates from anywhere in the US or Canada. Our core working hours are centered around the Pacific time zone.
What you will work on
Here are a few recent and upcoming projects the team has worked on to give you a sense of the scope of this role:
- Design an ingestion and storage system that allows our customers to integrate with the data in third-party systems
- Implement a data pipeline for a new class of ML models and orchestrate it on Airflow
- Design an online ML monitoring system that works for batch and streaming models
- Add infrastructure- and configuration-as-code tooling to existing systems
- Build the back end for new customer facing features that require complex queries to graph data
- Ensure we continue to offer excellent security for our customers
- You get to work on cutting edge, novel ML systems
- As part of a small team, you will get to improve and own a major part of our systems
- You’ll work across several systems solving hard problems; as a result, you’ll learn fast and grow your skills tremendously in a short time
- You’ll be expected to have a big impact; your growth opportunities will be correspondingly large
- You get to work with an experienced, positive team and help shape the DNA of the company
- You’ll get competitive salary, equity, and benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
Intellimize intelligently optimizes each buyer’s path to drive more revenue, more customers, and more leads from websites. Our unique machine learning based solution enables experimentation and personalization at an unparalleled scale, and it replaces traditional approaches to optimization such as A/B testing and rules-based personalization.
We move fast. We are data-driven. We get things done. We believe in the philosophy of “customers as true north”. We believe in the importance of work/life balance to do your very best work. We love hanging out and geeking out with each other.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.